Advice needed with getting some comments.

cakeman

Hello. I would like to get some comments on my old tunes. I have tried to find different forums but with not too much luck. KVR is one but if I remember correctly there was not too many comments on my tunes. Do you know of any other place that could provide with comments. There is one place, Music Banter, but I cannot go there because years ago I got banned from there and they said the ban was forever. Anyway I hope somebody has some ideas that could be useful to me. I have not been able to use my computer for a long time because I cannot login successfully so I cannot make any changes to my tunes if somebody wants to give me mixing advice or other kind of suggestions.

Is the 'Songs' sub forum right here no good to you?

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/30-songs/

Throw your line in and see if you get any bites. I don't know if there is anywhere that is guaranteed to give you heaps of feedback, you got to take what you can get, perhaps multiple sites?

I hope it's not me who has taken the bait 😲

Edited by Heath Row

Even better, get one of the thumb drives that all us IT consulting geeks have!  All you do is go into the BIOS during bootup, select boot from USB, insert the thumb drive and... once it boots up you can wipe out the Admin password (plus other stuff!).  I've used mine a few times when a customer fires an employee but can't get into their password-protected computer or laptop.

Definitely better than having to reinstall Windows!

I'll have to find mine and get the brand.  In the meantime, I'll try to remember where I bought it!

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 2:59 AM, Heath Row said:

Is the 'Songs' sub forum right here no good to you?

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/30-songs/

Throw your line in and see if you get any bites. I don't know if there is anywhere that is guaranteed to give you heaps of feedback, you got to take what you can get, perhaps multiple sites?

I hope it's not me who has taken the bait 😲

The songs forum here is very good perhaps the best. I noticed yesterday that I was  logged on with my real name and when I tried to change it back the web site told me that the name was already taken. I have already let you guys listen to all my semi good tunes. Thanks for the comment.

Edited by cakeman

9 hours ago, Old Joad said:

If you can't log on to your computer, you might want to wipe it (restore it) and just start fresh.

Thank you for the tip but I think it would be a bit too drastic

4 hours ago, craigb said:

Even better, get one of the thumb drives that all us IT consulting geeks have!  All you do is go into the BIOS during bootup, select boot from USB, insert the thumb drive and... once it boots up you can wipe out the Admin password (plus other stuff!).  I've used mine a few times when a customer fires an employee but can't get into their password-protected computer or laptop.

Definitely better than having to reinstall Windows!

I'll have to find mine and get the brand.  In the meantime, I'll try to remember where I bought it!

Thanks for the tip

On 2/16/2024 at 10:16 AM, craigb said:

Thanks for the help. Maybe I will get the key if I get the needed strength. Also I need to be sure I am home for sure so that the post office does not take the package back if I fail to grab the key in time. 

Edited by cakeman