TX16w sampler- routing in audio

I'm using the vst sampler TX16w (free version). It's supposed to be able to record samples directly into the sampler from a mic or other audio input, but I haven't been able to achieve this.  The FAQ from the plugin website says this: 

Sampling in TX16Wx requires the host to route audio input to the plug-ins inputs. Not all hosts support this (though all plug-in formats do).

Any ideas on how to do this? there's no option for audio input on the instrument track, only MIDI input.

On 2/2/2024 at 4:09 PM, morebread said:

Any ideas on how to do this?

The Readme says:

- VST3 plug-in now declares inputs as "side-chain" (aux) to work around certain lame DAWs

But I do not see a sidechain input being exposed in CbB when instantiated as either a Synth or an insert FX though the plugin properties show 'Max used inputs: 2' which would usually indicate the plugin has a sidechain input.

Other VST3 instruments I have with sidechain inputs work fine, so it seems to me it's TX16Wx that's 'lame'. 🙊

Old threads I found about this suggest it has only ever worked with Reaper, but they may be outdated and the sidechain works with some 'lame' DAWs, but not good ones like CbB. 😁

Probably why it’s free. 
I do believe this will be solved when Sonar comes out. I have Cakewalk Next and it includes both a Sample player and a Sample matrix like a Octa Pad tracks you can insert. Both with simple drag and drop of any type of samples. 
To make your own you just record to an audio track and drag that to either track. This is possibly Next’s biggest asset. 

Seems to me that this will also be part of Sonar.