[SOLVED] Help with VST Failed to Load error message

Billy86

I updated IK multimedia Tonex, installed, scanned VSTs, CW "saw" in the scan file path in the pop-up toaster window, but when I tried to load it I got the error message in the attached. I checked the scan paths, and the Tonex vst3 path is in there. 

Any ideas? Thanks. 

Tonex error.jpg

Edited by Billy86

Just now, Scott C. Stahl said:

Same here with BBCSO. Works fine in ableton

This error has been reported with a number of plugins over the years. Did you recently update Windows? I think that’s usually a common's denominator. 

Windows always updates. Pain in the @#$@

Been awhile since I used BBCSO so there have been many updates since. No amount of re-installs or other measures have worked. The only plug except for SM EQ 4 that has problems

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz   128 GB Ram   Windows 10 Pro   OS build 19045.3930

Edited by Scott C. Stahl

11 hours ago, Scott C. Stahl said:

Windows always updates. Pain in the @#$@

Been awhile since I used BBCSO so there have been many updates since. No amount of re-installs or other measures have worked. The only plug except for SM EQ 4 that has problems

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz   128 GB Ram   Windows 10 Pro   OS build 19045.3930

Agreed! I always hold my breath and hope it doesn’t break something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

@Billy86 IKM has included the folder Tonex.vst3 in the install.
For some reason that is confusing CbB.
Rename the folder TONEX. That "fixed" things here. Tonex standalone and the the vst3 is now working.
See the screenshot below:
.tonex.jpg.0b8631fc99e731bf796302d5117ae93f.jpg
HTH,

t

THAT fixed it! Thank you! I've been working with IK's tech support and will let them know that appending .vst3 on a folder name is suboptimal. 

• Like 1

• Billy86 changed the title to [SOLVED] Help with VST Failed to Load error message
13 hours ago, Billy86 said:

appending .vst3 on a folder name is suboptimal

allowing the dot in a folder name has been available in windows for quite some time now, i'd suspect that it's to do with the way cbb is parsing the filepath string and assumes that the dot indicates a file not a folder?

1 hour ago, pwal³ said:

i'd suspect that it's to do with the way cbb is parsing the filepath string and assumes that the dot indicates a file not a folder?

Evidently that is what is/was happening. 
Simple solution, remove the “.”

t

3 hours ago, pwal³ said:

allowing the dot in a folder name has been available in windows for quite some time now, i'd suspect that it's to do with the way cbb is parsing the filepath string and assumes that the dot indicates a file not a folder?

Good to know. I’ve  never seen one before on a folder. 

1 minute ago, Billy86 said:

Good to know. I’ve  never seen one before on a folder. 

if you do a windows upgrade, it leaves a "windows.old" folder, and you can try it yourself 🤷‍♀️