Cakewalk not properly loading VSL Synchron Player presets from a saved cwp. Partial solution

Steve Harder

Question

Update:

Vicontrol thread mentions

This is apparently a recently emerged issue between Vsl Synchron Player VST3 and Cakewalk.

Vsl Syn Player vst2 works ok.

I have a Cakewalk issue where VslSynchronPlayer vst2 does not scan into Cakewalk but the Surround version of same player does scan in.  Both dll are located in same directory and are in the scan list.

I'll  preface by saying I've been away from Cakewalk for 3 months.  I am currently running 2023.09 Build 075 64bit.  That update loaded the first time I ran Cakewalk after absence.

Open  new project.

Insert Instrument VST Synchron VST3 Player all up to date.

Within Synchron Player select a preset.

Player loads preset, keyboard at bottom is empty until a key is pressed, press key and keyboard populates, press key and note is sounded.

Save project as .cwp.

Close project.

Open same project.

Sychron Player populates keyboard but pressing a key does not sound note.

Select a different preset, Synchron Player loads preset but does not populate keyboard, press key and keyboard populates, press key and note is sounded.

Is this an issue with VSL moving to ILOK and Cakewalk not properly handling the license check on reload of project?

I have moved all my VSL to ILOK and all functions properly.

Is this unique to my setup or do others see this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Steve Harder
Update

6 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

I would contact Vienna...

They have a very good customer service.

Paul posted in several threads Vsl current solution is to use vst2 Player with Cakewalk.  Paul stated there are no functional differences between Synchron vst2 and vst3.

• Like 2