Why do I keep loosing activation to all of my plugins every so often (Komplete 14 Standard)?

I understand this is a cakewalk forum, but y'all are a better crowd of people whom can relate to many different things relating to music and plugins.

When I had Komplete 8, I've never had this issue. Upgraded to Komplete 14 and now every so often I have to log back online to re-activate all of my plugins!!! I mainly notice this when I use Kontakt 7. It's the most used plugin from Native Instruments.

Why do I have to continually go back online to re-activate something I already bought?

I understand this link:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005670809-Offline-Activation-of-Native-Instruments-Products

It doesn't say anything about having to re-activate products every 30-60 days. This is a Komplete headache!

• What happens if Native Instruments collapses and is no longer a business?
  • Are all my products forever done?
  • Should I stop buying from Native Instruments?
  • Is this the kind of product I can not keep forever?

Any suggestions to a different company that doesn't give issues like this and you can keep your instrument plugins forever?  Maybe I'll denouce Native Instruments and start using someone else for my instruments that won't give me such a headache!

I've never had to "reactivate" any of my NI instruments in 7+ years, so you have something funky in your system.

There are two important services (whose names escape me ATM... both start with NI though) that should be running all the time or things will go sideways really fast. If I find time I'll return to post them here.

I also spent some time as an adjunct product advisor for NI  over the last couple of years and foresaw most of the ridiculous marketing moves that were coming down the pipeline, so I've decided to stop at Komplete 13CE. A brief perusal of the NI forum shows me that was a brilliant decision, cuz they're gonna be fixing stuff they broke for the next couple years.

When I need new instruments lately, I don't get them from NI.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

When I need new instruments lately, I don't get them from NI.

Where do you get them from?

I know about https://www.indiginus.com/renegade-acoustic-guitar

I plan on using more of his instruments, but I don't know of anyone else within that price range.

I'm needing to replace NI session bass and session guitar instruments if I uninstall Komplete 14.  With Komplete 8, I have everything I need. I did however enjoy glaze instrument, but I can do without it.  Most of the newer instruments I can do without.  Kontakt 7 is CPU hungry verses Kontakt 5!

The only two things I have noticed that will cause these issues are 1) using junctions for the main apps (things like Battery are highly sensitive to this one) and 2) some registry cleaners will clear the registration data on libraries.

• Like 1

@El Diablo
There are four services that should be in your Task Manager as processes running anytime that you want to use NI hardware (which obviously precludes NI software). They are:

NIHardwareAccessibilityHelper
NiHardwareService
NIHostIntegrationAgent (*this affects SW more)
NTKDaemon (*this affects NA most)

As for guitars outside of NI, I've really fallen hard for ImpactSoundworks Shreddage series; they are ultimately controllable with articulations (either IRT or ArtMap), have an excellent Fretless Bass, the Precision bass is above average, Archtop, Strat and Tele are quite good, and the Rosetta Fingerstyle is really good, but the tone requires some tweaking in certain places.
The Indiginus guits are excellent in Cost/Benefit ratio, but lack legato slides.
I also have a couple of AcousticSamples guitars (Hummingbird, GD-6) that run in UVI player that are great strummers, but get quite thin when used in solo picking mode.

YMMV.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Kontakt 7 is CPU hungry verses Kontakt 5!

This is good to know. I just recently installed the free version of 7 just because seems a lot of people talk about it.

Right away on first use I could have sworn I was hearing very tiny artifacts. I’d rewind over we’re it happened and it gone.
I refuse to increase my buffer so I just froze Kontakt and the glitches went away. 
This was all because I was thinking I might need an alternative to Air Xpand2. 
Then I found out the free version is very limited in what is available. Looks like you can blow a lot of money on getting Kontakt working.  

But Xpand is back working and between that and DimPro I seem to find enough sounds. 

Edited by John Vere