How do I change the hertz to A=420 on SI-Bass Guitar midi?

I wanted to test out changing the hertz for a solo black metal album I want to make, but I can't get the bass midi to change to 420 without having to screw with Melodyne and duct tape fix it to my cakewalk track. I have to go in Melodyne and individually pitch shift every single note, and that is incredibly tedious.

Is there an easier way?

image.png.e521d5e44fcfaf29a9b2867faa69b4e9.png   But it doesn't say Hertz!!!!  That makes it seem more like its a knob to select a tune.  😜 

Sorry for the humor, but " . . . without having to screw with Melodyne and duct tape fix it to my cakewalk track. I have to go in Melodyne and individually pitch shift every single note, and that is incredibly tedious" seemed like an attempt at humor to me and I was trying to respond with humor myself.  🤣

Did you know that in SI-Bass Guitar, Master Tune is an automatable parameter?  

• Automation:   Bass Guitar exposes the following automatable parameters when used in plug-in mode:
    • . . .
    • Master Tune
    • . . .

I found this ^^^ in the help file.  In fact, in the section on "Using The Bass Controls" it also says:

TuneThe Tune control adjusts the playback pitch. The Tune range is -6 to +6 and the default value is 0.

To be fair, the OP might have been looking for a virtual LED display that goes to one or two decimal places. If so, there are a number of other third-party tools that can be "duct taped" to Cakewalk. Melodyne seems like overkill. 

There must be other tools, but Melda Production's Free Bundle includes MTuner (in case there isn't a non-virtual tuner handy).

image.png.4c05419ed6b234e6732f1cd41d9a401e.png 

BTW, I couldn't get the SI-Bass to play 440 Hz; that was too high for the Bass I was using.  So I took 420 Hz and divided by 8 to get 52.5.  I put MTuner in the FX Bin and turned the Tune knob down to - 0.9 semitones until MTuner was close.  (Actually the tool tip said Master Tune: -0.9 st.)  Hope that's close enough.

SI Bass's tunng control is very coarse with a range of +/- six semitones. A quick calculation shows 420Hz is ~81 cents (0.81 semitones) flat from A-440 . Holding Shift will allow you to get fine control of the Tuning knob to get to -0.8. I checked, and the actual tuning of SI Bass doesn't change with every tenth of semitone (-0.8 and -0.9 produce the same output) but -0.8 should be close enough. 

• Like 1

Also:    [image showing 41% level deleted]    Master Tune in Automation Lane. 

Approximating 420 Hz seems to vary with different sample sets and the effects either on the samples or in the synth-engine (not sure which it is).

Edited by User 905133
deleted image to reclaim space