[SOLVED] Cakewalk got deactivated and can't reactivate

anthony92800

Question

A couple days ago, I opened up Cakewalk and it said I needed to activate it even though it already was beforehand. It opened up Chrome and told me to log into BandLab and I try to do so but I keep getting a localhost error. I contacted support and they told me to uninstall BandLab Assistant and gave me an older version (v2023.09) along with two registry files that allow me to activate in-app and switch back to the web browser-based authentication, I've tried activating it in-app but I get an error that says "Unable to connect Check internet" despite my internet being fine. Does anyone know how I can fix this or is having the same problem?

localhosterror.png

Edited by anthony92800
issue has been solved

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, OutrageProductions said:

FYI; the only version that will still authorize is 2023.09.075 AFAIK. The auth servers for previous versions have been taken offline.

Thanks for letting me know, the version I was given was 2023.09.067.

17 minutes ago, anthony92800 said:

Thanks for letting me know, the version I was given was 2023.09.067.

Sorry about this happening to you. This is one of the main reasons why it's good practice to always disable any wifi before opening a session, cakewalk or otherwise.

What happens if you do the following:

· Uninstall Cakewalk by Bandlab
· Download the web installer  https://downloads.bandlab.com/cakewalk/setup/CakewalkSetup.exe

. Install Cakewalk by Bandlab using that installer.  This will install Cakewalk by Bandlab 2023.09 Build 75
· Run Cakewalk by Bandlab.
· Sign in to your Bandlab account from Cakewalk by Bandlab’s help menu

Make sure you have a default browser set in Windows settings
Also, when the sign in opens your browser, make sure it’s the only browser windows open.