Melodyne- Vocal audio track popping and getting louder at points with melodyne enabled

Simon Webster

Question

So ive tuned a lead vocal with melodyne on my lead vocal bus, and noticed the track pops and gets louder at certain points. With melodyne switched off it is as it was recorded with out pops and volume changes. I have moved the buffer size around as recommended in some other threads to no avail, does anybody know what may be causing this?

7 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Simon Webster said:

So ive tuned a lead vocal with melodyne on my lead vocal bus, and noticed the track pops and gets louder at certain points. With melodyne switched off it is as it was recorded with out pops and volume changes. I have moved the buffer size around as recommended in some other threads to no avail, does anybody know what may be causing this?

Don't put Melodyne on a bus, put it on tracks and then render the result as soon as possible.

What Greg said. You open the vocal clip as a regional effect. Works best with short clips around 4 to 8 measures. 
When done always render or you are loading up your CPU as it has to process in real time. Therefore the audio issues. 

3 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

I would add that Melodyne works best with high buffer settings (512-1024)

I’ve never noticed that. I have worked at 256 for years now. I never have to change the settings. I only had trouble at that setting with a Motu interface. It would sometimes bonk out. 
But like I said I only open short phrases. And I render immediately.