multiple instances of surge xt go to freeze

Hello to everyone friends ,this is my very first time that i use a daw,and i dont'understand how to made multiple traks overlapping with the surge xt synthetizer,i try to by pass this issue  exporting the audio every single  time that i made a track with surge xt and add  another surge xt track on the previous imported audio track... but i think this is not the right way..

if i try to made multiple track using surge xt my pc go to freeze and need to close all...

may be because i have just 4 Gb of ram ?

even if i can add a 2° track with surge xt using different instrument it change the music instrument also at the 1°

I would suggest that you start by doing some of the tutorials in the reference manual. (

Or some of the tutorials in the tutorial's forum.

The crash is probably caused by the surge xt,

I would start by adding a simple instrument track for surge xt and add the midi you want for that track.

Then add another simple instrument track with surge xt, or other instrument, and add the midi for that track separately.

Ok,Now i understand why cakewalk is Free.. .  You  already spent a lot of money tu buy  a powerful  PC 😅, so the only way in my poor condition is export every single surge xt session as audio file then import again and record a new session in overlapping, la right?

Posted (edited)

I think surge xt may be the problem, it really has a lot of tools to change the waveform that maybe I don't need right now, could you recommend another synthesizer instead of that one? just a few tools and fx to choose from (always free)

Edited by giuseppe gibilmanno

ODIN 2, VK-1, TyrellIN6 are all nice

here's some i found doing a simple google search (bolded are ones i regularly use):

Very low CPU (~1%)
u-he Podolski & TripleCheese
Waldorf PPG Wave
Dexed
NI FM8
KORG Gadget Collection
Full Bucket FB-7999
SQ8L (32-bit only)
Synth1

Low CPU (~2%)
u-he Zebra (2/CM/lette)
NI Massive & Absynth