Cableguys TimeShaper Time Effects Sale (Exclusive) for $19

cclarry

I think they give you a discount for the Shaperbox, but why buy it?  There's unlimited usage demo version.  You can only have 5 instances of it.  It doesn't save anything everytime you load it...

I am currently looking for a plugin or software that would "read" ram and save it...then load it into ram.

Currently all the software and DAWs I know of "asks" the plugin to save it's own state, but I don't know of any software that can actually save a plugin state without the plugin needing to save it's own state.

I know it can be done, windows does this when it hibernates.  It dumps RAM into a file and reloads it back into RAM on boot up.

6 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I think they give you a discount for the Shaperbox, but why buy it?  There's unlimited usage demo version.

Because you support the developer in doing so, so that they can continue to stay in business and continue building it and other products.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, antler said:

Because you support the developer in doing so, so that they can continue to stay in business and continue building it and other products.

Your right, I do buy projects I installed most times.  There's more reasons not to buy this product than meets the eye.

Shaperbox has a lot of product problems. Like, you can't change any of the numbers using a keyboard.  Everything is mouse based.  There's some numbers the mouse won't let you get... Like the 9khz issue discussed in another post.

I have stopped using Shaperbox. I will most likely uninstall it soon as it just takes up space.

Shaperbox sounds really nice and all... but the complexity of using it is probably best for sound designers whom have the time to tinker.  I would rather just get into making music right away, instead of tinkering for hours and hours.

Yes they have presets, but I also hardly use presets.  I am creative with my instruments and effects, but not too the extreme like Shaperbox.

I figure, in order to use Shaperbox effectively, you'll need to learn everything.  I mean everything on how it works, before you actually start using it.

It's kind of like iZotope Stutter Edit 2, which I regrettably bought.  Once I got into it, it's just too complex and I don't want to invest hundreds of hours learning it.  Good thing I only bought it for $10.  Imagine those whom paid $199!!

Edited by El Diablo
Extra info

Plus, the Cableguys patience is not much.  A friend of mine sent emails to them about product issues, and eventually they told him to keep his money.  🧐

So, if they don't wish to address product issue problems, or be helpful in product improvements, then it's another reason not to buy Shaperbox.