Kiive Audio Introducing XTMax, Kiives Answer for Explosive Drums šŸ”„ šŸ„FREE

cclarry

I was looking for some time for a distressor emulation. Itā€™s so nice of Kiive Audio to offer the XTMax for free. In the past they offered Xtressor Nuke for free. I tried XTMax and I think this is in fact XT Nuke with more options (Attack, Compression Knee and Side chain Filter). :)
Ā 

Donā€™t miss this one guys! Sounds awesome.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tianzii said:

I was looking for some time for a distressor emulation. Itā€™s so nice of Kiive Audio to offer the XTMax for free. In the past they offered Xtressor Nuke for free. I tried XTMax and I think this is in fact XT Nuke with more options (Attack, Compression Knee and Side chain Filter). :)
Ā 

I tried XTMax out the other day and really like it on drums. I agree with you, Tianzii,Ā this is a very worthwhile freebie I can recommend.Ā  That said, I already own so many compressors, I don't think I'll get the paid version. This is enough for me. It does the trick.Ā 

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I tried XTMax out the other day and really like it on drums. I agree with you, Tianzii,Ā this is a very worthwhile freebie I can recommend.Ā  That said, I already own so many compressors, I don't think I'll get the paid version. This is enough for me. It does the trick.Ā 

Same here! I totally agree with you PavlovsCat! Yesterday Iā€™ve tested out UAD Distressor Trial and the XTMax, and I kindof like the sound of XTMax more on synths. Probably Iā€™ll get a trial for Xtressor from PA as well just for testing purposes.

At this time I gotta say, I freaking love the XTMax and most probably Iā€™ll end up using it in every project Iā€™ll be creating from now on. :)

For distressor emulation Iā€™ve got my eyes in the past on UAD Distressor, KiiveAudioā€™s Xtressor/Xtressor Nuke and IKMultimediaā€™s Comprexxor.

For now, I think XTMax is more than enough.

But Iā€™m not gonna lie, that UAD offer Custom bundle of 2 at $99 with $25 gift voucher is tempting. :)

Edited by Tianzii
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tianzii said:

Same here! I totally agree with you PavlovsCat! Yesterday Iā€™ve tested out UAD Distressor Trial and the XTMax, and I kindof like the sound of XTMax more on synths. Probably Iā€™ll get a trial for Xtressor from PA as well just for testing purposes.

At this time I gotta say, I freaking love the XTMax and most probably Iā€™ll end up using it in every project Iā€™ll be creating from now on. :)

For distressor emulation Iā€™ve got my eyes in the past on UAD Distressor, KiiveAudioā€™s Xtressor/Xtressor Nuke and IKMultimediaā€™s Comprexxor.

For now, I think XTMax is more than enough.

But Iā€™m not gonna lie, that UAD offer Custom bundle of 2 at $99 with $25 gift voucher is tempting. :)

Now I have to try it on synths. I only put it on audio for a drum kit and really liked it,Ā  but haven't tried it on anything else. From my experience with this and their other freebie,Ā  Warmy,Ā  I'm quite impressed with this developer.Ā 

20 hours ago, Tianzii said:

Ā 

Yes, this isĀ  Xtressor Nuke with a few additional features.Ā  They got in trouble with Empirical Labs for copying the look of the Distressor.Ā  The fullĀ Xtressor at PA will be updated soon too as XTComp.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Pat Osterday said:

Yes, this isĀ  Xtressor Nuke with a few additional features.Ā  They got in trouble with Empirical Labs for copying the look of the Distressor.Ā  The fullĀ Xtressor at PA will be updated soon too as XTComp.

OMGā€¦ Thatā€™s outrageous.

IMHO They can always add a skin option and let the community create an unofficial distressor skin for XTComp and XTMax.