Slow Down Video Playback Speed?

Stephen Power

Question

I'm trying to write music to a video that has a scene that needs punctuating with short notes on some action points. But the scene only lasts for about 2 or 3 seconds. 

Is there a way to slow down the video playback (and then put it back to original speed), so that I can more easily align the notes with the action? 

Thanks for any assistance - and Happy New Year!

3 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Stephen Power said:

Is there a way to slow down the video playback (and then put it back to original speed), so that I can more easily align the notes with the action?

No, there isn’t.

You are probably better off editing, then exporting just that portion of the video using a dedicated video editor..  

• Like 2

If you view the notes in the Event List, you can edit the start time of the notes in HMSF, so you should be able to match them exactly to the video frame.

Alternatively, if you've got both the thumbnails showing and the video view open, the big time on the video view will show you the exact time in either HMFS or MBT for the thumbnail you click on in the video track.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2024 at 12:02 PM, msmcleod said:

If you view the notes in the Event List, you can edit the start time of the notes in HMSF, so you should be able to match them exactly to the video frame.

Alternatively, if you've got both the thumbnails showing and the video view open, the big time on the video view will show you the exact time in either HMFS or MBT for the thumbnail you click on in the video track.

Thank you very much, that's very useful information @msmcleod