How connect guitar as a midi player

Gauri

Hello guys I m trying to get the sounds of different synths and stuff in my composition I happen to be guitar plyer and its easy for me to find notes there how can I connect my guitar as a midi player to my audient interface and to the internal free sample player called decent player or ample guitar bass

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Check out MIDI Guitar 2 by Jam Origin

For it to work reliably, you'll need to set your sample rate to 48Khz and have an ASIO buffer of at least 128.

Expect some latency when recording - especially with lower notes.

It actually works fine at 44.1 which is what I use if you are just using g audio to MIDI conversion. 

There are a couple of ways to do that, and doing it after recording (post-production) is simpler than real-time (while recording) in most cases. What you need to do in all cases is lower the guitar audio by 12 semitones (a full octave). You also want to record a clean signal (without and FX), and then apply FX to the signal after you transpose. In all cases, you want to play your guitar like it were a bass.

If already recorded, you can keep things in the audio realm by selecting your clip, and then using the "Process->Transpose," set the Amount to -12 (semitones), be sure "Transpose Audio" is checked, and use a Type of either "Radius Mix - Advanced" or "Elastique Pro." You can try all of the types to see how they work, but this is probably the easiest method, although not "perfect."

As you mentioned MIDI, you can also convert the guitar to MIDI (see if shift-dragging that audio onto a MIDI track converts the audio to MIDI for you) and then use that MIDI track to drive Ample Bass P Lite (free bass VST instrument you mentioned in the OP). This is a little more complex workflow, but will sound better and let you tweak things more easily after the fact, or even add/edit notes in the Piano Roll View. Side note: For bass tracks, you may find it easier to compose using the Piano Roll View only and can use the "Virtual Keyboard" to act as your MIDI input.

If doing in real-time, there are pedals and guitar amp sims (that have those pedals included) that will de-tune 12 semitones down; however, few of them sound particularly good, and you are already destroying the audio prior to recording it, so you cannot do much in post-production on that other than convert to MIDI and use the VST Instrument route mentioned above.