XLSX - I'll always wait

XLSX Music

19 hours ago, KSband said:

Mix sounds good to me, the bass drones a bit on the low notes on my small speakers but it could be the speakers fault.

Hi XLSX

I agree with KS re the Bass - just needs controlling a bit I think.

Love the drum change up 2.08 to 2.54 - personally I would make a bit more of that, but that's just me!!

Really like the song - very well written and a strong track

Cool

Nigel

20 hours ago, KSband said:

Mix sounds good to me, the bass drones a bit on the low notes on my small speakers but it could be the speakers fault.

Thanks for the feedback and listening to the track. I can see what you mean about the bass now. Definitely something for me to check on future tracks.

I'm trying to be less of a perfectionist these days and just get songs out there but stuff like that should be a quick fix. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi XLSX

I agree with KS re the Bass - just needs controlling a bit I think.

Love the drum change up 2.08 to 2.54 - personally I would make a bit more of that, but that's just me!!

Really like the song - very well written and a strong track

Cool

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, glad you enjoyed it. I was really pleased with how the middle section that you referenced turned out in this song.

As mentioned in my previous comment to KS, I'm currently just trying to find a balance between being a perfectionist and going round in circles on mixes, and just letting little things go an release them. This one was definitely way at the latter end of that scale and in hindsight I wish I'd done a couple of more revisions but it's all a learning experience. 🙂

On 12/22/2023 at 5:05 AM, XLSX Music said:

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/xlsx/ill-always-wait

Hi everyone, my new single is out today. This is the quickest I've ever completed a song and my workflow is getting so much better now as I can experience and learn how to mix.

Any feedback would be much appreciated 🙂

Nicely done, well performed and produced!