Cannot submit issue re Cakewalk

Quinellipe Zorn

I tried the "submit a request" but after the "BandLab Zendesk will receive..." prompt, it goes to the "logout" or "nevermind" choice, and BOTH choices simply to the Bandlab feed page, I can't find any way to actually submit this to engineering.

It seems an audio clip created from a mistaken constant loop-record of 30 ticks (an issue that I find happens easily by accident though I don't know what is causing me to accidentally select a 30 tick loop) causes the whole file to perform so badly it basically can't work and, if attempting to play, typically, after a long non-responsiveness (no keyboard input can stop it from attempting to play, if one clicks play) crashes with an audio engine error.  If the track with the "bad" (troublesome) audio on it is simply deleted, the project goes back to working fine.

I simply wanted to send Cakewalk by Bandlab support the project file, but cannot given aforementioned issue.  I hope somebody knows some other way to submit that, please, and thanks.  (I am guessing the same issue can occur in the next-generation Sonar replacement, so I presume it's of interest to mitigate for anyone who encounters it and doesn't want to spend potentially hours troubleshooting and trying to work around; unless one knows the 30 tick recording loop problem, it takes a very long time to figure out, in my experience).

Edited by Quinellipe Zorn
and a spelling issue

30 ticks is the new default minimum loop length when you enable loop selected range with nothing selected. Personally I thought it was pointless and potentially problematic to go this low but it was requested. It sounds like your interface driver is having trouble with it. Hot key L will toggle looping off.

I can't reproduce a problem playing back a loop-recorded clip once looping is turned off, other than that recording sound on sound will produce  loud transient from all the active lanes playing back together. There's no point in submitting a report of a problem that can't be reproduced but...

Are you already logged in when you choose Submit a Request, or your issue is at logging in? Maybe clear your browser cache or try a different browser.

At least it's reproducible on this end.  But to me that's less the issue than it's an easy thing to diagnose that may cause an issue and the system should be able to give a warning at some sort of threshold.  That said, I also realize they may choose not to address it at all.  Whatever, I just want to submit it for their consideration.

As said above, at https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001718074  (could be any other page, of course, just a starting example), clicking on "Submit a request" at the top simply goes to a page that only has the choices to "log out" or "nevermind", both as pictured below.  Clicking either choice simply goes to https://www.bandlab.com/feed/trending

I just tried this on a browser that I'm fairly sure I've never logged in, and certainly didn't have any cookies for Bandlab, and same issue.

support-issue-1.png

support-issue-2.png

accidental leftover

Given your result, I looked around more on the site, I find it works fine from "contact us" at https://www.cakewalk.com/sonar for me though the problem report form looks different.

NOT QUITE - seems to be the Bandlab-only form, as the device doesn't leave anywhere for Windows as client.

PS - if I click "sign in" up top, it takes me away from that link and never goes back, just FYI.

But it's no problem to submit the request from this link, worked absolutely fine, thanks again!  Will be curious to see where you accessed that from and see what happens when I access from that same link/page.

• 1 month later...

The first like you posted is a dead end and might be because they changed servers last fall. 
The like Outrageous posted works and I just used it a few weeks ago and they got right back to me. 
They never explained what was wrong and my crash’s suddenly stopped so end of story. It was the TTS-1 crashed a project 6 times. Then it stopped crashing. I frost the ***** anyway. 

• Like 1