Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 Ohm Hi-Fi Semi-Open Back Headphones

cclarry

3 hours ago, jngnz said:

Good price for an atrocious sounding piece of trash. The Beyer peak is real.

I purchased some DT770 pro's  some 5 years ago ( just under 200.00 quid) and I have to agree Beyer are fools gold and  are bloody awful ..would NOT recommend these at all .... 

SRM 

Edited by Supa Reels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Supa Reels said:

I purchased some DT770 pro's  some 5 years ago ( just under 200.00 quid) and I have to agree Beyer are fools gold and  are bloody awful ..would NOT recommend these at all .... 

SRM 

I own DT 1990 and they’re excellent with corrective EQ but the DTnn0 are literally painful to listen to even WITH EQ.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jngnz said:

I own DT 1990 and they’re excellent with corrective EQ but the DTnn0 are literally painful to listen to even WITH EQ.

I, like so many of us , have too many cans, but it's interesting to hear that you feel the 1990s are good HPs. The 770 were purchased for their closed back so as to record vocals, however I just couldn't wear them for long periods .. the wife would leave me if I brought some 1990 but I'll put it on the back burner .. so cheers mate

I just bought DT 880 600Ohm working with the Apollo Twin X (around 1/3 Full
volume), it's not so musical as the AKG 52. 

It's good for hearing clear low end and for distinguishing the sound from different distance, but also it increases a lot around 6K which will increase the crispy sound (so don't resolve too much de-esser under this headphone). The sound image is not so wider compared with the closed version.

The total feeling is that you take a cup of water (Or you can say Hi-Fi). so it's may be used as a good tool to do the mix or recheck your mix or just enjoy the classic music.

Edited by Moon OverSea

16 minutes ago, Supa Reels said:

I, like so many of us , have too many cans, but it's interesting to hear that you feel the 1990s are good HPs. The 770 were purchased for their closed back so as to record vocals, however I just couldn't wear them for long periods .. the wife would leave me if I brought some 1990 but I'll put it on the back burner .. so cheers mate

It mostly comes down to a matter of taste within each price bracket. The DT1990 were my favourites among Avantone Planar, Audio Technica R70x and Hifiman Sundara.

To actually add something useful to this thread, in the <$150 range I can recommend the Sennheiser HD599 and AKG K702. But mostly I would recommend spending a little more…

• Like 1