Ace Frehley "Shock Me" Guitar Lesson🎸

Old Joad

32 minutes ago, craigb said:

Do you need two full Marshall stacks to play this?  Asking for a friend...

Your friend can tell his wife that yes it is MANDATORY. And totally justified.

Edited by Rain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, craigb said:

Do you need two full Marshall stacks to play this?  Asking for a friend...

Mick Mars and Angus Young are two other players who will use a ridiculous number of stacks to get their sound, though at times it does seem "Spinal Tap-y"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

Mick Mars and Angus Young are two other players who will use a ridiculous number of stacks to get their sound, though at times it does seem "Spinal Tap-y"

But neither could compare to Yngwie!  My friend in Hollywood was having a band practice in one of the studios there that featured thick concrete walls and yet, Yngwie was practicing in the next studio over and they couldn't hear in theirs! 😮

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

Angus has some interesting stuff in his rig.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, craigb said:

But neither could compare to Yngwie!  My friend in Hollywood was having a band practice in one of the studios there that featured thick concrete walls and yet, Yngwie was practicing in the next studio over and they couldn't hear in theirs! 😮

I walked out on him a few years back! He toured with George Lynch(my favorite guitar player), and we stayed because Yngwie was the "headliner". After his third solo, I felt that I had heard every guitar note 500 times by then, and promptly bailed. 

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1