UVI releases "HX-20" 49€ Intro Price

Solidos

HX-20

Iconic Semi-Modular Analog Synth

• Unique hardware-based wavetable + sample oscillators
  • Each oscillator section driven through physically-modeled filters
  • Powerful, modern reimagining of an iconic vintage classic

An Analog Icon

HX-20 is based on one of the most recognizable and well-loved analog monosynths around, known for its versatile semi-modular architecture, iconic front panel design, and starred musical history. Launched in the late '70s, this small two-oscillator monosynth has a lot to offer, and continues to be an inspirational studio compadre for artists around the world.

Intro Price: 49€ 79€

https://www.uvi.net/hx-20

Edited by Solidos
  • Like 4

Installed. (I have the Sonic Pass sub) .

Its an interesting architecture with two oscillators with a conventional choice of waveforms and a sample layer with a good choice of samples. The Oscillators and the sample have separate filters both HP and LP with individual resonance.

Its very programable and way beyond rompler territory and I was very quickly creating sounds far from the initial patch. First impressions are its probably one of the most versatile of UVI synth libraries. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Installed. (I have the Sonic Pass sub) .

Its an interesting architecture with two oscillators with a conventional choice of waveforms and a sample layer with a good choice of samples. The Oscillators and the sample have separate filters both HP and LP with individual resonance.

Its very programable and way beyond rompler territory and I was very quickly creating sounds far from the initial patch. First impressions are its probably one of the most versatile of UVI synth libraries. 

Cool i need your precisions  : Wavetable , are they original wave form in wave table format or just fancy custom ones (or both) ?

Cpu hit : ? (give us if ya can a reference with another well used plugin) 

Thks !

Edited by Zo

23 hours ago, Solidos said:

HX-20

Iconic Semi-Modular Analog Synth

• Unique hardware-based wavetable + sample oscillators
  • Each oscillator section driven through physically-modeled filters
  • Powerful, modern reimagining of an iconic vintage classic

An Analog Icon

HX-20 is based on one of the most recognizable and well-loved analog monosynths around, known for its versatile semi-modular architecture, iconic front panel design, and starred musical history. Launched in the late '70s, this small two-oscillator monosynth has a lot to offer, and continues to be an inspirational studio compadre for artists around the world.

Intro Price: 49€ 79€

https://www.uvi.net/hx-20

Taking the time to say that i really dig Venus's videos ....for UVI ... never boring and straight , less detailed than some others but enougth to get crucial infos ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sergio said:

If they included the waves from the DW8000 and the DWGS from MS2000 this could be considered a "good enough" emulation of these synths IMO, except maybe for the filter that is different on the MS20.

If they provode a good MS 20 filter (maybe two versions) this could be something solid imho and enougth !!

3 hours ago, Zo said:

If they provode a good MS 20 filter (maybe two versions) this could be something solid imho and enougth !!

Oh... I'm not implying that it wouldn't Zo. It's just that every other MS-20 VST version has emulated analog oscs or is entirely sample based. This being a hybrid and "korg flavored" virtual synth not including the waves I mentioned is kind of a wasted opportunity (as I said... IMO).

Edith: and I don't even know if the waves are included or not. I haven't looked with more attention to this yet. Mainly because I'm more interested in  the new Moog VST right now.

Edited by Sergio

5 hours ago, Zo said:

Cool i need your precisions  : Wavetable , are they original wave form in wave table format or just fancy custom ones (or both) ?

Cpu hit : ? (give us if ya can a reference with another well used plugin) 

Thks !

CPU is not something I usually monitor as I seldom have problems. 

CPU hits shows as around 6% in the according to UVI Workstation's display, but in windows task manager +/- 0.5%  I suspect the CPU meter in Workstation refers to one core.

in contrast GForce's  SEM is +/- 0.3% and Arturia's  Pigments from 1.5 to 2.0%

CPU hit in Falcon is a little higher but remains below 1% in task manager

All the samples are in a monolithic *.UFS file. While some have recognisable names like "Harpischord"  they are not realistic but do provide useful sound sources.  In factory presets they are often layered with the conventional oscillator. 

EDIT - I should add these figures refer to the standalone versions.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

4 hours ago, Sergio said:

Oh... I'm not implying that it wouldn't Zo. It's just that every other MS-20 VST version has emulated analog oscs or is entirely sample based. This being a hybrid and "korg flavored" virtual synth not including the waves I mentioned is kind of a wasted opportunity (as I said... IMO).

Edith: and I don't even know if the waves are included or not. I haven't looked with more attention to this yet. Mainly because I'm more interested in  the new Moog VST right now.

lol the mogg was an easy pass for me , 40 % cpu on my laptop witch is more powerfull than my desktop is enougth to skip (for reference , the softube model 72 is 12 % on this one) 

4 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

CPU is not something I usually monitor as I seldom have problems. 

CPU hits shows as around 6% in the according to UVI Workstation's display, but in windows task manager +/- 0.5%  I suspect the CPU meter in Workstation refers to one core.

in contrast GForce's  SEM is +/- 0.3% and Arturia's  Pigments from 1.5 to 2.0%

CPU hit in Falcon is a little higher but remains below 1% in task manager

All the samples are in a monolithic *.UFS file. While some have recognisable names like "Harpischord"  they are not realistic but do provide useful sound sources.  In factory presets they are often layered with the conventional oscillator. 

You need to give us cpu hit in daw , in task manager it doesn't means a lot since , in your daw , if only one core is loaded , you get droppoed or crackles starying to appears , even if you 30 % overwall in task manager , hence the pressure we put to dev , to code optimise for Multi core use (thk you UHE !!       , UVI , MOOG are you listeneing , Roland ? lol )

Edited by Zo

29 minutes ago, Zo said:

You need to give us cpu hit in daw , in task manager it doesn't means a lot since , in your daw , if only one core is loaded , you get droppoed or crackles starying to appears , even if you 30 % overwall in task manager , hence the pressure we put to dev , to code optimise for Multi core use (thk you UHE !!       , UVI , MOOG are you listeneing , Roland ? lol )

In Studio One's performance meter with one instance loaded in UVI workstation it shows +/- 25%, about double Pigments load. Four instances of HX-20 in UVI workstation do cause an overload.

If I load four instances of Workstation, each with one instance of HX-20 CPU load stays at around +/- 25%

Where Workstation's own CPU meter showed 5% in standalone in the DAW it shows +/- 25% when running in the DAW with one instance of HX-20.