Klimper 2 for 30€

audioschmaudio

https://www.klimper-plugin.com/products/klimper-2

The regular price is 59€. It's been available for 39€ every now and then.

Currently you get it for 29€, which is the best that I've seen so far.

Update: Use coupon code LAUNCH33 to get it for only 20€.

Update update: The code doesn't work anymore.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Code not working :(
My price is $34 or
 31€

Oh, they fixed it then. Strange that it was still active in the first place. They posted it on Instagram a year ago, and the code suggests that it was only meant for a short period after the release of version 2.

It worked yesterday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rational said:

I grabbed it last night. Thanks for the heads up on this. Was watching this one since last year but never pulled the trigger until now. Looks promising.

Same here. It kept showing up as an ad on Instagram and I liked what I saw but not the price.

I own quite a few music theory tools. Instachord 2, Instacomposer 2, Scaler 2, Captain Plugins, Pilot Plugins, Phil Speiser the_instrument,  Chordjam, Loop Engine 2 and now this one, Klimper 2.
From all those plugins Klimper might be the simplest; It doesn't create chord progressions or melodies for me at the click of a button, and maybe that's why I like it the most. It just helps me find nice chord progressions, bass notes and melodies on my own, improving my workflow, making it super-easy to build tracks that work well together. It's a great concept. So simple, yet so effective. I've only used it for a few days but am already a great fan.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 2

Y'alls' comments have me interested in this but I can't find much about "Klimper 2" on the net.  38 second video on the site 🤔. Apparently a port from an earlier IOS app.  No manual for download or demo, but I see a money-back guarantee.  Scaler does 100x more, but the simplicity of this may be a forte.  Anyone using this in Windows?  Can you drag and drop MIDI from progressions?

The look of Klimper was ringing a bell and I found I already have UChord that fills this niche for me.  I had deleted it accidentally when I was cleaning VST2 duplicates off my system.  It actually has a lot of features, but no internal sound (need to drive a VI) but it has MIDI drag-and-drop. Caveats:

Windows Only

VST2 Only (64 bit)

Only $15.  Shows $50 but it might be $15 all the time.

https://www.ultimatemidiplugin.com/product/Ultimate%20Chord%20Engine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Y'alls' comments have me interested in this but I can't find much about "Klimper 2" on the net.  38 second video on the site 🤔. Apparently a port from an earlier IOS app.  No manual for download or demo, but I see a money-back guarantee.  Scaler does 100x more, but the simplicity of this may be a forte.  Anyone using this in Windows?  Can you drag and drop MIDI from progressions?

Yes, I use it on Windows 11 with Ableton Live 11. You can drag and drop the MIDI onto other tracks. It also comes with a plugin "Klimper Track", similar to Loop Engine's listener, which allows to route the MIDI from the Klimper tracks to your DAW tracks.

It really is much simpler than Scaler. It has a feature though that Scaler doesn't have: A piano roll that highlights all the notes that harmonize with your chord progression. That feature is the reason why I bought Klimper. Of course you can do that in your DAW by selecting two MIDI clips at once (in Ableton Live - don't know if all DAWs allow that), or using ghost notes or duplicating the chord progression track and then moving the notes around, removing some, shortening them and all that. But none of that is very convenient. The following video shows the workflow in Klimper. The piano roll is demonstrated starting at 6:30

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1