Black Rooster Audio "Black Autumn Super Sale 2023"

cclarry

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

Extra 10 with EXTRA10.

I'm not a fan, personally, but the current all bundle for $90 has got to be some of the best value around.

I have quite a lot and I like some of their compressors and Magnetite. But what I hate is that there is no upgrade to the bundle, i.e. if you have already too much, it's no point to get the bundle!

1 hour ago, Sistine said:

I have quite a lot and I like some of their compressors and Magnetite. But what I hate is that there is no upgrade to the bundle, i.e. if you have already too much, it's no point to get the bundle!

Yeah, it's mainly for new customers or existing ones who own a maximum of say 2 or 3 plugins of theirs.

When they first did the $99 thing, I had 6 or 7 already that I wasn't quite happy with anyway and it made me want to sell them even more. Thing is, seeing an all bundle for sale at $99 devalued single plugins to a point where it was basically impossible to sell them. I couldn't sell Magnetite and a few others at all, not even for $10 and I sold KH-Comp and something else for $15 when I had paid at least double that.

They essentially lost a customer that would have happily paid $29 for single plugins here and then over the years just for a quick cash grab, in turn likely only winning new customers that are not ever going to buy a single plugin for $29 because to them the value is more like $3.50.

Looks like they need a marketing strategist. Or maybe it's actually worth it for them. Who knows.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1