oeksound BF

jngnz

9 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Has anyone out there ever compared in use Soothe 2 to the TDL De-edger?

No... But Mastering The Mix plugins are on sell right now.  I bought FUSER, RESO, and Expose for about $105 using the bundling of 3+ plugins for extra discount.

I was amazed that FUSER and RESO combination did better than Soothe 2 for less and it's less complicated.

I had a really hard time using Soothe 2.  I had to watch several videos to get a understanding on how it works to even make a comparison with FUSER and RESO.  They have a lot of presets in Soothe 2, but that doesn't help you know what you need to do with it.  Soothe 2 is a complex tool that has a large learning curve.

Soothe 2's "Known for Transparency" is that even if you turn the knobs all the way up, you'll barely hear any change... It's as if they've set everything up to be in micro adjustments.  A lot of the time, I had to change it to "hard mode" in order to make any noticable difference.  I kind of wish they had a way to blend both normal and hard modes into the same knob!

If you get Soothe 2, plan on setting aside time to learn it. I just don't think it's worth the effort.

Edited by El Diablo
More stuff to say
  • Confused 1