Switch from Prochannel Quad Curve to Sonitus EQ

Cesar Mendez

Hello, 

Bandlab has a bug. Please fix. 
I prefer using Sonitus EQ per channel rather than Prochannel Quad EQ. 

You said in the cakewalk help-manual

If you want to keep and edit the Sonitus:fx EQ, double-click the small Equalizer graph in the collapsed ProChannel.

To replace the Sonitus:fx EQ with the ProChannel QuadCurve Equalizer, do one of the following:

Press CTRL and click the Equalizer enable/disable button .

Enable the Equalizer module. SONAR prompts if you want to switch from the Sonitus:fx EQ to the ProChannel QuadCurve Equalizer.

It doesn’t work, doesn’t switch from Prochannel Quadcurve EQ to the Sonitus EQ. 
I hold down CTRL and click the Equalizer enable/disable button, there is no prompt in Bandlab, how to switch from Prochannel Quadcurve EQ to the Sonitus EQ ? 
May be it’s a bug, please check. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Not a bug.

That portion of the online help system dates from 2018 and versions of SONAR X1c and earlier. It is no longer applicable. Steve Cook was quoting from the online (old) help system at that time.

The QCEQ is the ONLY section of the ProChannel that cannot be removed or changed out. This has been hard coded since (IIRC) SONAR X2 until today. I'd have to go back and check the version change list for sure, but CbB has been this way for quite a while.

You can, however, NOT enable the QCEQ section in the PC and insert the Sonitus EQ into a Plugin Chain or in the FX bin of the relative channel instead.

The latest and most up to date Help system is available from the <Help><Documentation> menu. Search: EQ and choose QuadCurve Equalizer Module.

Edited by OutrageProductions

11 hours ago, Cesar Mendez said:

Hello, 

Bandlab has a bug. Please fix. 
I prefer using Sonitus EQ per channel rather than Prochannel Quad EQ. 

You said in the cakewalk help-manual

It doesn’t work, doesn’t switch from Prochannel Quadcurve EQ to the Sonitus EQ. 
I hold down CTRL and click the Equalizer enable/disable button, there is no prompt in Bandlab, how to switch from Prochannel Quadcurve EQ to the Sonitus EQ ? 
May be it’s a bug, please check. 

Thanks for your reply. 

I can't find in the documentation where it says this, but if it does, the documentation is in error, not the program.

You can use any EQ you want to use. Last time I counted I had over 50 different EQ’s. And they are all free.  
Last one I’d use is Sonitus only because it is DX now an unsupported format. Not so future proof.
And even though I have a lot of  choices, guess which one I decided was the best for my use.  And the Pro Channel is the perfect place because I can have it first in the signal path. 

• 2 weeks later...