UVI - Vintage (Vault) Synth Week - 50% off singular synths (Until Nov 15th)

Kirean

Are the Vintage Vault synths more curiosities and 'nice to haves' than 'must haves'?

The few I looked, looked somewhat old (not that there's anything wrong with that if the product is good.) Couldn't find too much banter about these either, albeit that was with a superficial search...

• Kirean changed the title to UVI - Vintage (Vault) Synth Week - 50% off singular synths (Until Nov 15th)
39 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Maybe best get them when the bundle’s on sale. Some gems in there, though, like the inexpensive (Kurzweil) U1250. 

I've seen you and other Falcon users post that you love it in the past. But I never really understood how it all works. As a Falcon user do these libraries/synths load through that interface? I really don't like the UVI interface.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've seen you and other Falcon users post that you love it in the past. But I never really understood how it all works. As a Falcon user do these libraries/synths load through that interface? I really don't like the UVI interface.  

I'm not a UVI user yet but I know you can load them through UVI Workstation OR Falcon. UVI Workstation is the "just get on with it and let me play a few sounds" type of thing, hence the name Workstation, and Falcon being the Sound Designer's dream.

Edited by Solidos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

2 hours ago, Solidos said:

I'm not a UVI user yet but I know you can load them through UVI Workstation OR Falcon. UVI Workstation is the "just get on with it and let me play a few sounds" type of thing, hence the name Workstation, and Falcon being the Sound Designer's dream.

Indeed. 
Falcon is absolutely wonderful and at its lowest now: $199 and you get a $100 voucher for other UVI purchases, even on sale. I highly recommend Falcon (and Synth Anthology 4 while you’re at it). 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Indeed. 
Falcon is absolutely wonderful and at its lowest now: $199 and you get a $100 voucher for other UVI purchases, even on sale. I highly recommend Falcon (and Synth Anthology 4 while you’re at it). 

I've seen a lot of users post praise Falcon and don't ever recall seeing a single post from someone who owns it who didn't say good things about it, which is pretty compelling. In time I may pick it up. I just know that I really don't like the UVI interface / user experience and wish the developer would spend some time improving it. I already own several UVI instruments, but the user experience is so poor, that I rarely use them and likely would have bought Acoustic Samples fantastic sounding Wulrie library if it was in the KONTAKT format or if UVI had a better user experience.   

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've seen a lot of users post praise Falcon and don't ever recall seeing a single post from someone who owns it who didn't say good things about it, which is pretty compelling. In time I may pick it up. I just know that I really don't like the UVI interface / user experience and wish the developer would spend some time improving it. I already own several UVI instruments, but the user experience is so poor, that I rarely use them and likely would have bought Acoustic Samples fantastic sounding Wulrie library if it was in the KONTAKT format or if UVI had a better user experience.   

I in fact prefer Falcon to Kontakt. And if you’ve already got UVI instruments, they come alive in Falcon as you can twist and turn their samples to your heart’s content. 
and if you’re not into that, Falcon 3.0 now has an easy GUI to play with. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Falcon 3.0 now has an easy GUI to play with.

And MIDI Out. Falcon was already at the top of my wishlist but that it now also has MIDI Out is fantastic. I will never need another Sequencer, Arpeggiator, etc. plugin as soon as i got Falcon

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I in fact prefer Falcon to Kontakt. And if you’ve already got UVI instruments, they come alive in Falcon as you can twist and turn their samples to your heart’s content. 
and if you’re not into that, Falcon 3.0 now has an easy GUI to play with. 

Right now, my two main go-to samplers are KONTAKT and SoundPaint. I loathe the UVI UI and user experience so much that while I have several synth and sample libraries in the format that I really like, I almost never use them. To your point, while I don't think KONTAKT has a great UI and user experience (and the effects aren't great), I've gotten super familiar with it from using it for two decades. But it's certainly vastly superior to the UVI UI and user experience and there are so many great sample libraries for KONTAKT that I'm very hooked into that ecosystem. I can't help but think if UVI dramatically reduced the price of Falcon or created a free light version of it that came with all UVI instruments, they might grab a bigger market share. I only started using SoundPaint because it was free and soon fell in love with it. If not for the price barrier, the same thing might have happened for me with Falcon, but the $299 USD price barrier kept that from happening, especially when I'm already so invested in another sampler (KONTAKT) and that ecosystem. 

6 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Right now, my two main go-to samplers are KONTAKT and SoundPaint. I loathe the UVI UI and user experience so much that while I have several synth and sample libraries in the format that I really like, I almost never use them. To your point, while I don't think KONTAKT has a great UI and user experience (and the effects aren't great), I've gotten super familiar with it from using it for two decades. But it's certainly vastly superior to the UVI UI and user experience and there are so many great sample libraries for KONTAKT that I'm very hooked into that ecosystem. I can't help but think if UVI dramatically reduced the price of Falcon or created a free light version of it that came with all UVI instruments, they might grab a bigger market share. I only started using SoundPaint because it was free and soon fell in love with it. If not for the price barrier, the same thing might have happened for me with Falcon, but the $299 USD price barrier kept that from happening, especially when I'm already so invested in another sampler (KONTAKT) and that ecosystem. 

Falcon is 199$ now, and it comes with a100$ voucher

2 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

I realize that. I've just severely curbed my spending and have plans to pick up a cello library and maybe a drum library for this year and that's about it.

If Acoustic Samples put their Wurlie on sale for cheap, that would be the other thing I would add to my list. Even with how much I don't like UVI Workstation's UI and user experience, the demos for the AS Wurlie sound so gorgeous to my ears, better than any other Wurli library I own, or that I've ever heard, it would be enough for me to deal with the UVI Workstation. 

2 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

Indeed, the price just went up again. 
But their support is top notch. 
You may ask them if you can still get that lowest ever sale price of $199. 
And that will always come with the $100 voucher included.