Get Good Drums - Up to 50% off @ PluginFox

Kirean

Before anyone else gets excited: none of the actual drum libraries are 50% off.

The One Kit Wonders are at an all time low I think (unless you count the NI glitch), though as an owner of 2 of them I'd suggest you save the money for something decent.

In fact, IMO, their only library that comes close to feeling like real drums is the Benny Greb one, and that’s very much a one or two trick pony.

3 hours ago, jngnz said:

Before anyone else gets excited: none of the actual drum libraries are 50% off.

The One Kit Wonders are at an all time low I think (unless you count the NI glitch), though as an owner of 2 of them I'd suggest you save the money for something decent.

In fact, IMO, their only library that comes close to feeling like real drums is the Benny Greb one, and that’s very much a one or two trick pony.

I was checking out GGD One Kit Wonder: Classic Rock, which I thought sounded really good in the YouTube demo.  What are the reasons why you don't like it? Is it the sound? Do the kits lack detail? 

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I was checking out GGD One Kit Wonder: Classic Rock, which I thought sounded really good in the YouTube demo.  What are the reasons why you don't like it? Is it the sound? Do the kits lack detail? 

The sound is decent, but they lack detail. I own Modern Fusion and Dry Funk or whatever it’s called and I think both are around 3 GB each. That’s like a third of a single hi-hat in BFD, and you can hear and feel it.

Their only truly detailed library and the only one that feels like playing drums is Benny Greb, but I deleted it because it's like 25 GB and I was basically never choosing it over anything.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jngnz said:

The sound is decent, but they lack detail. I own Modern Fusion and Dry Funk or whatever it’s called and I think both are around 3 GB each. That’s like a third of a single hi-hat in BFD, and you can hear and feel it.

Their only truly detailed library and the only one that feels like playing drums is Benny Greb, but I deleted it because it's like 25 GB and I was basically never choosing it over anything.

Thanks, I appreciate how you always share your sincere, unedited opinion on libraries and plugins. Consequently, your earlier post sharing your disappointment with this library got my attention. In my book, even if you and I have different opinions on some libraries (which is pretty natural when people have different takes and aren't just engaged in group think), you have major cred, in my book, for consistently sharing honest opinions, which I wish was more common in forums. 

As a former drummer who can't physically play an acoustic drum kit for more than 30 seconds without pain, I'm a sucker for drum  sample libraries. Part of me says, only buy SD3/EZx format acoustic drum libraries because I love SD3 and have a pretty nice collection of kits in the format and can swap snares, toms, and cymbals from every kit to create my own Frankenstein kits like drummers do in the real world.  Plus, it works great with Roland VDrums, which I own. But I really liked the sound of GGD's Classic Rock kit and at the sale price, it was tempting. But in the end, that lack of detail, and the expectations set by SD3, would no doubt, have made it a disappointment for me too.  

• Like 1