Get TONEX MAX or AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 for $/€79.99 each or $/€129.99 for both

cclarry

4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

If you have Tonex you can run it as an Amp in AT 5.

ToneX gives you realistic amps (and dirt pedals) and has some reverb, comp, and noise gate.  If you are a straight into amp player it is all you need.  If you are an effects junkie you can run other effects before and after if using as a vst, but not in standalone mode.  

Owning both basically gives you the at effects plus the superior Tonex amps 

I basically don't run AT5 after getting ToneX as I have better effects and Tonex gives me better amps.

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

So is Tone X gonna make Amplitube irrelevant now?

I am a heavy Amplitube 5 user. I also tried using ToneX the CS version to get an idea of what it is. I still feel they are different products. ToneX is for capturing or playing captures. Amplitube is emulation of legendary gear to be used in the digital DAW domain. Using the ToneX capture within Amplitube is interesting but does not render  Amplitube obsolete. I still see they are two totally different products.

This is a very far cry since we’re on a cakewalk forum (haven’t had the best exp with ik support), but has anyone out there (on a mac) with mojave 10.14 or lower been able to run tonex? I’m currently on that OS, so seeing that the minimum system requirement listed at 10.15, this would be the only thing keeping me from considering this sale. I have amplitube 5 which runs perfectly, but not sure if anyone knows whether it’s at least able to run the necessities of Tonex on a machine as old as mine. I’ll live if not but it is one of those questions I keep coming back to

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I am a heavy Amplitube 5 user. I also tried using ToneX the CS version to get an idea of what it is. I still feel they are different products. ToneX is for capturing or playing captures. Amplitube is emulation of legendary gear to be used in the digital DAW domain. Using the ToneX capture within Amplitube is interesting but does not render  Amplitube obsolete. I still see they are two totally different products.

They are two different products, but honestly I find that the amp modeling itself does render the IKM amp obsolete as long as you have good captures of the gear you want.   

Per you quote, TONEX can be a capture of legendary gear to be used in the digital DAW domain and it is a far more accurate representation of that gear.  However, it can only capture Amps, CABs, MIC, and Dirt (not the time and modulation effects).  If you ran the CS version you might not have a grasp on just how much better it can be than AT5 in terms of quality.  

And I'll be a bit blunt about it, AT5 doesn't really have much "grail" gear in the AMP dept.  With Tonex we have Dumble, Trainwreck, Two-Rock, Matchless,  60s era Marshalls, Fender, Vox.  Most of the stuff in AT5 I could grab at Guitar Center.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

This is a very far cry since we’re on a cakewalk forum (haven’t had the best exp with ik support), but has anyone out there (on a mac) with mojave 10.14 or lower been able to run tonex? I’m currently on that OS, so seeing that the minimum system requirement listed at 10.15, this would be the only thing keeping me from considering this sale. I have amplitube 5 which runs perfectly, but not sure if anyone knows whether it’s at least able to run the necessities of Tonex on a machine as old as mine. I’ll live if not but it is one of those questions I keep coming back to

Download the free CS version, you should grab that anyway.  If you buy the full version it simply unlocks, no separate installer, etc.

• Great Idea 1