Zero Controllers When Play Stops. Request for Unchecked by Default

Stephen Power

This setting, when checked, has been causing me untold issues recently related to lots of problems and not just 'stuck notes'. Today I spent 2 hours trying to get Opus plugins to playback when recorded (just silence) prior to unchecking it).

I can understand why it may be a setting I'd look at if there was a stuck note, but not for a silent playback. What do others think - and @msmcleod is there any chance CAKEWALK SONAR might consider leaving this unchecked by default in the new version?

Edited by Stephen Power
  • Like 1

Re-save the "New Project" templates that you always use to create projects with the Zero Controllers When Play Stops unchecked... Then your new projects by default will have it unchecked... That parameter is saved on a per project basis... I did that years ago because of the issues it creates by resetting the controllers on VSTi's and my keyboards...

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 6:43 PM, SirWillyDS12 said:

Re-save the "New Project" templates that you always use to create projects with the Zero Controllers When Play Stops unchecked... Then your new projects by default will have it unchecked... That parameter is saved on a per project basis... I did that years ago because of the issues it creates by resetting the controllers on VSTi's and my keyboards...

I agree but I think it's nuts that these types of settings are at project level, they should be global settings and not affected by updates overwriting templates etc

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 5:50 AM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I agree but I think it's nuts that these types of settings are at project level, they should be global settings and not affected by updates overwriting templates etc

I agree as well. This drove me crazy for a while, as it affects Kontakt instruments (record at one volume, get a much quieter volume on playback). I always thought this was a Global setting.

• Like 1