Presonus Revelator USB Mic with Studiolive Voice Processing for $59.99!

cclarry

Or... you could get the pre-owned one for $124.65!!

This deal is also on Amazon (one day also for the Prime deals). On there it also has Ableton Live Lite listed with purchase. Since I do most screen captures with a webcam mic, I am actually interested in the pre-mixing features this has to see how it does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mettelus said:

Or... you could get the pre-owned one for $124.65!!

This deal is also on Amazon (one day also for the Prime deals). On there it also has Ableton Live Lite listed with purchase. Since I do most screen captures with a webcam mic, I am actually interested in the pre-mixing features this has to see how it does.

I can get Ableton Live Lite if I wanted because of my recent Focusrite 2i2 purchase a month ago via Hitmaker Bundle.  I just don't want any more DAWs.. I have both Reaper and Sonar.  

I was thinking of using that mic for gaming.

Edited by El Diablo

This ended up being very good for its purpose. The only downside to it is that the noise floor is a bit higher than anticipated (most reviews reference this), but the internal gate was able to remove that with a little tweaking. Being the condenser version, that gate (and other internal FX) are required to bypass external processing completely. The only other nuisance for me is it comes with a 3' cord, but I used a 10' cord and it didn't care. The latency is enough that I wouldn't use this for musical tracking, per se, but it definitely hits the mark for screen caps and podcast type work.

Upsides to this guy is that it does have a pretty complete FX chain built in. Although the order is locked, if you go into the advanced setup some of the modules can be swapped with other emulations. It comes with ASIO drivers, which includes 2 virtual inputs as well as one for the system connected to (4 total when you include the mic itself). Three polar patterns, three output mixes available, OBS capable (PreSonus has their own OBS installer included), and ironically (for me), this is also Dolby Atmos capable, so that binaural demo they did for Studio One 6.5 I could actually listen to.

So far I have only used it for a couple screen caps, but the virtual routing has been a welcome change for me since the DAW output was now crystal clear. All inputs/outputs are exposed in the DAW, so I could send the Master bus to the mic's internal mixer, then one of the mixes to the capture app. Everything is exposed, so I could have done a loopback into the DAW as well, but the internal FX needed no post processing so was moot.

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1

I wanted to do a quick post on this to close the loop in case anyone comes across it later on. The condenser version of this is extremely sensitive, so I did a deep dive into this to find out if it was electrical or mechanical. It is 100% mechanical. The desk stand that comes with this mic is its worst enemy (very rigid) and the boom mount attaches to the bottom (which is just funny to look at), but I attached it to a boom and then folded a towel to over 1" thick under it (I have hardwood floors), and the problem disappeared. Totally functional, and with ASIO drivers used it can be driven at very low latencies (buffer goes down to 16, but I was running it at 32 with a full FX chain enabled internally after I ran the noise issue down).

The dynamic version shouldn't have the same issue to such an extent (that wasn't on sale), but for the condenser version some shock mounting is required (the included stand is a piece of meat).