2023.09 Build 62

Bristol_Jonesey

Question

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

1 - is this the final release of CbB?

Extremely likely.

1 hour ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

2 - does it require 2022.11 to be installed prioer to upgrading?

Not according to the release notes.

There is no mention, in the 2023.09 Build 62 release notes, that 2022.11 needs to be installed prior to upgrading.

See:

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/whats-new

• Like 1

From what I can tell this is the final release as promised. There will not be anymore updates or bug fixes added to CbB going forward. 
This is the version everyone needs to have installed that will allow future activation. Older versions will not activate if they time out. 

It would seem that all versions of Cakewalk were stand alone installers and if you had never installed Cakewalk before,  it would run the course of a full new install.
It then would overwrite prior versions when run if you already had Cakewalk installed.  

I have a lot of the old installers stored away as backup files but I will now delete them because they are now unusable with out the activation. 
It’s unknown how long they will keep this version available but it most certainly will still serve a logistical tool to sign up new users and give them access to a full featured demo of Sonar. My guess is they will keep an eye on user stats and go from there.  

If it was my business I’d want more frequent activation cycles of this demo so that info could be presented to the Boss each month as Sonar moves forward.  

Edited by JohnnyV
  • Like 1