VPS Avenger 5 pack 50% of at Pluginboutique

kevin H

Among those who own this synth: What's your opinion on it? Should I add it to my wishlist? It seems to polarize people. The main negative issues that get mentioned are the bad GUI, the licensing system (though that seems to have improved) and the terrible customer service.

And I've read that people are concerned that if they use presets that have melodic sequences for their commercial productions, they might get sued, because the Terms of Service say:

2 Under the Licence you may not and shall not, without Our express written authorization:

[...]
- commercially use any compositions, melodies, melody-loops, lyrics, and vocal-samples or parts hereof from any Vengeance Samples or Audio Plugin Libraries. All rights on melodies, musical compositions, lyrics, vocals, and melody-loops included in Vengeance Samples or Audio Plugin Libraries are owned by Us and are reserved.

And surely melodic sequences that are embedded in a preset  are melodies too, right?

Edited by audioschmaudio

22 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Among those who own this synth: What's your opinion on it? Should I add it to my wishlist? It seems to polarize people. The main negative issues that get mentioned are the bad GUI, the licensing system (though that seems to have improved) and the terrible customer service.

And I've read that people are concerned that if they use presets that have melodic sequences for their commercial productions, they might get sued, because the Terms of Service say:

And surely sequences are melodic too, are they not?

-yes bad GUI is and will be pretty much the same in V2 as per screenshots and videos of V2, Manuel said thay are happy with GUI as it is, however Nexus is much better in this field to find sounds easily

-licensing system was critisized years and nothing was done about it, what will change in V2 hard to estimate but i doubt they will use something similar to nexus which is pretty easy to maintain and install

-melodic seq and voice lyrics-whats is the point to have these in expansion banks? so everyone will sound the same? i do not get it but Manuel seems to like it, i would preffer more sounds in banks instead and ability to morph and layer sounds much more easily with random options. Manuel said you will not be sued to use them but obviously when you upload it and start to monetize, services like youtube and distrokid will have a problem as they will recognize the producer who uploaded first plus as mentioned you will sound same like 1000 another producers. do you want that?

basically they do not want to change some things which we would love to see but its their call to do it this way

hope it helps

Edited by dee
  • Like 1

Top notch sounds and capabilities in Avenger!  Including drums that can be included or not and modified for a selected preset.  Avenger blows me away with great sounds and presets each time I use it.

Each preset pack has a good selection of groupings, such as synths, or pads - and each preset pack also has sequences which really amaze and often include drums etc.   While those sequences are really well done, for me, they are also over-automated.  Meaning I have to turn off stuff like the arps or drums on a sequence preset to really use it in on my own song composition. Or at least I have to figure out how to modify and/or control those automated aspects to fit my song,

Even though I am an admirer of Avenger and their (expensive) high-quality preset packs, I actually use Spire much more often. I find with Spire I am easily able to find the same high-level quality preset sounds like you hear in Avenger but without all the automation.  That’s preferable in my case because I’m trying to create songs rather than use someone else’s preset that practically is already a song (as you hear in Avenger or also similarly in Dune 3).

With that said, this 50% sale on the Avenger 5-pack is a rare event and a very good deal if wanting to expand on Avenger. Hard to pass up!

• Like 3