Is Facebook now closed to non-account holders?

User 905133

Does anyone know if Facebook has stopped allowing non-account holders from viewing public content?

Background: I do not have an account, but have always been able to view the contents that have been made public. However, tonight any time I choose one of my bookmarked groups, I am now required to log in or sign up for an account. Generally I look at several music related groups, including those from a number of software makers and sound designers who think Facebook is their preferred method of communication with consumers.

I have tried to find out with a general Google search to no avail.  I also looked here, found this (see below), and have wondered if Facebook has changed their access policy in the interest of security. 

Thanks.

UPDATE: This page still says admins have the right to make content available to "Anyone, on or off Facebook" (aka Public).

NEW UPDATE: It's fixed!!  (At least for me it is!)  Something happened since the last time I checked: FB now let's non-account holders view public content!!!  🙂 

Edited by User 905133
to add a new update