Ryzen 9 7900 New Build - Crackles!

Matthew Carr

Hi,

Just built a new PC rig around a Ryzen 9 7900 (64GB Ram, 4TB SSD, Windows 11, Behringer XR18 as Audio Interface)

Latency Mon is all fine, but I find I'm getting awful crackles and pops - this screenshot was taken when playing a simple project that was crackling

image.thumb.png.dc532acdcdc865e3fd7a351508fa019f.png

My experience is that crackles and pops are normally DPC Latency issues, but this has me a bit stumped. The strange thing is even if I knock the Asio buffer upto  2048 I still get the crackles..

Anyone have any experience, or suggestions? Have done all the usual: No wifi,  Ultimate performance plan, disable onboard audio, reinstalling ASIO drivers etc 

My ancient previous rig together with the XR18 worked without a flaw, was just a bit slow to open large projects..

Thanks in advance!

Matt

What audio interface?  On my (older) Ryzen system, I went through a phase where I had to connect my USB MOTU to a USB 2 port, not USB 3, else I got some weirdness (fixed at some point with BIOS/Windows update).

1 hour ago, Xoo said:

What audio interface?  On my (older) Ryzen system, I went through a phase where I had to connect my USB MOTU to a USB 2 port, not USB 3, else I got some weirdness (fixed at some point with BIOS/Windows update).

I'm using a Behringer XR18 as my audio interface... might be worth trying it on some other USB ports though, so thanks for the idea!

I have owned the XR18 for a couple of years now with no problems.

When I first used it I noticed in Cubase and Windows 10  that the only sample rate settings available to me was 48khz even though the manual quoted you should have 44.1khz and 48 khz available.

I have been on 48khz with no problems so I have just left it like that.

So you might check your sample rates in your DAW and the XR18 to make sure that they are the same.

Here is a Reddit page with someone with a similar problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Behringer/comments/ut0hlo/xr18_only_48khz_sample_rate_available_in_windows/

Good luck finding the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...