The Devil's In My House

Lynn Wilson

Hi Lynn. Excellent blues rock song. Well arranged, played and great vocals. It sounds really good despite what I've found to be a noticeable YouTube processing degradation. I'm guessing the keyboards (especially around 1:15) were a lot clearer prior to the YT upload., I may be off on this but it always happened to me when I used to upload songs to YT but since I've changed to Bandcamp the processing degradations are minimal. I'd say the processing didn't effect your lead vocal much at all but the bg vox and keyboards could be clearer and a touch louder, again I don't think it was your ears when doing the mix but the YT processing. Good stuff🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

I enjoyed this very much!

Thank you, Jesse!  It's good to hear from you.

20 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Hi Lynn. Excellent blues rock song. Well arranged, played and great vocals. It sounds really good despite what I've found to be a noticeable YouTube processing degradation. I'm guessing the keyboards (especially around 1:15) were a lot clearer prior to the YT upload., I may be off on this but it always happened to me when I used to upload songs to YT but since I've changed to Bandcamp the processing degradations are minimal. I'd say the processing didn't effect your lead vocal much at all but the bg vox and keyboards could be clearer and a touch louder, again I don't think it was your ears when doing the mix but the YT processing. Good stuff🎶🎶🎶🎶

Hi Larry, thanks for your time and comments!  I wish I could see and hear the video on your setup because I'm not seeing or hearing what you are talking about.  The video is exactly as I uploaded it; the degradation you mention is by design and part of the f/x.  I don't hear the lack of clarity in the vocals either, though, that doesn't mean it isn't there.  The song is meant to be a little rough around the edges, rather than pristine, but I was hoping it wouldn't be too rough.  Your observation is valuable to me, and I will have to consider it when I make the final cut.  Thanks again!

18 hours ago, Terry Carroll said:

Every thing is there. very well done!!! I think we go back a ways?

Terry, thank you for your kind words!  For the record, I go back to '51 ;)

19 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Lynn

this is great all-round - great song, great mix, great playing and a real cool video

I enjoyed everything, - top stuff

Cool

Nigel

Nigel, I'm very pleased that you like this because I consider you to be the "gold standard" for videos.    I hope to do more videos in the future, and this was a good learning experience.  Thanks for your encouragement!

12 hours ago, Terry Carroll said:

I mean I've been away since Bandlab took over.  do you recall SilverBeat?

Terry, I remember you and your music fondly.  It's been a while since the old forum.  Have you become a CW user?  Hope to hear more from you in the future.