Sign in to follow this  
Johnbee58

Another Blast From The Past

This was written and recorded in 1989 on a Fostex 160 multitracker cassette portastudio.  Featured my Martin D18 (again), my Yamaha RX17 drum programmer.  Bass and synth was from a Yamaha PSS470 keyboard and piano was from a Casio CT 370 (I think) keyboard.  30 years ago and my voice was much younger and better.  I wrote this for my first wife, Ellen.  WARNING! VERY LO FI

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13915930

Also, for your viewing pleasure, I did a video a year or two later because she wanted me to sing it live for her.  (I wish I could remember what I did with that shirt).

Hope you enjoy these.🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09dBJNd3Fsc

❤️John B.

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 1

Hey, I've been there done that on those recorders.  You did terrific work on this demo -- I like the bass sound of that synth in particular -- just the right tone.  Everything sits well in the mix.  Vocal sounds good and well recorded.  The acoustic guitars are a little bright but so what.  You were making good home studio demos 30 years ago -- I'm impressed.

~~Allan

23 hours ago, ABull said:

Hey, I've been there done that on those recorders.  You did terrific work on this demo -- I like the bass sound of that synth in particular -- just the right tone.  Everything sits well in the mix.  Vocal sounds good and well recorded.  The acoustic guitars are a little bright but so what.  You were making good home studio demos 30 years ago -- I'm impressed.

~~Allan

Agreed. not bad for 30 years ago.

You know - that's a pretty good song, and you sang it very well.  The mix isn't all that bad either - just goes to show you the analog recorders were pretty cool in their time.