kasey haze

Hi all,

Recently purchased a new PC

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700K   3.40 GHz, 1

16 core - 8P + 8E, 24 threads

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 48GB (2x24GB) 5200MHz

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX WiFi 6E

GPU/Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT (8GB)

Windows 10 pro

Using - Focusrite Scarlett-Solo Gen2 USB Audio Interface

Previous PC:

8th Gen Intel 6-Core i5-8400 Upto 4.0GHz,

6 thread

RAM: 64GB,

64 bit operating

1TB SSD Plus 1TB HDD, Wifi, 

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Windows 10 Professional

Used - Focusrite Scarlett-Solo Gen2 USB Audio Interface

I installed cakewalk and the programs isn't running well. The engine load and later buffers are constantly glitching out causing pops and clicks to be recorded. Recording is teeth grinding now having to constantly stop and redo the take because of some pop or crack that occurred during the recording of the take.  I'm using literally the same VSTs as in my previous PC.  I've read through the forum and saw some old posts about this but all suggestions in those posts have not resolved my issues.

The first screenshot is all the tracks turned off and raw, yet the engine load and buffers are still glitching. I've played with the buffer size maxing it out to 23.3 but the latency is so big it becomes impossible to play along and the glitches still occur. I tired clean install and spent 8 hours, installing and downloading all the plug-ins and everything is still glichy. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, checked drivers and updated whatever needed updating. Gojira, fabfilters, metallurgy, guitar pro 6, neurontube are some of the plugins I use and I also use free ones like Emissary, NadiR and other miscellaneous decent free plugins.  Pretty much the same 64bit plug ins I used in my previous PC. With my previous PC, I only had plugins in a few tracks on when recording while the rest were off. I would adjust to 1024 samples if I wanted to hear everything on at the same time.

I've disabled many programs from running in the background and I'm at a loss of what to do. Maybe there is something I'm missing that I'm not doing. I've read, re-read and re-read again through the forums and everything is starting to blend into each other.

As per the first screenshot, the CPU is at 2% and ram is only 27% when the tracks are all playing (all on)  with 44100 sample rate 144 buffer but the program still glitches. I've played with the sample rates and buffer sized to no avail.

The bottom screen shot is of empty tracks yet there are still late buffers and engine load is high!??!??

Any and all suggestions welcome.

lagwalk.jpg

Story short:

- consider getting a pci usb 3 card to use for audio, cost about $25

- mine is based on a NEC chip and had that for many years to get usb 3 for backups on former daw computer

- what that does is creating a new usb root hub beside I assume the only Intel 3 controller now in your device manager

How did I end up doing this?

Intel i7-12700F cpu base frequency 2.1 GHz, but runs constantly at 4.5 GHz, since I turned off half speed E-cores

- C-states in bios off

Usb controller Intel 3.x something, only usb root hub in system

- 3 x midi interfaces on usb, 12 ports

Interface RME Digiface USB 64 samples buffer

For three months I dug into everything bios settings, shifted mb from Asus to Gigabyte and nothing solved it.

- talking to support for Asus, Gigabyte and Intel, nobody had anything but just "check cables", "try another port" and similar

- I tried and Presonus Studio 1824c interface too, but sent back as no difference

Usb controller know what is audio devices through initial handshake, and I think something prioritize down audio and less vital.

- even as I checked that MMCSS give audio high priority threads., Pro Audio used by Sonar

- if on Intel controller driver or on windows, I am not all sure, and now I don't care since solved

So now running no issues 64 samples asio buffer.

Really weird stuff with these super computers as delivered how they mess with us.

• Thanks 1