MultiDock window on the second screen disapears when minimizing it - and it can not be restored

Peter Mangold

Question

Dear All,

since my new install on the new W10 laptop I suffer from a bug in the windows management (but only CW has this problem, other apps are OK).
I hope somebody can give me a direction on how to fix this. Right now I have no more ideas.

I work with 2 screens, the 17"-laptop FHD and a 27" 4K. I use the laptop for the console view and plugins within the MultiDock and the 4K for the track view.
The behavior on the new PC was strange from day one: When I minimize the MultiDock window in the laptop screen it disapears completely (no minimized view) an there is no way to bring it back. The only way to restore it is to close the project an reopen it.

Did somebody see this before me? Any idea is highly welcome!

Best regards,

Peter 

"I have tried different scalings on the external screen. Does not change anything."

Right. As far as I can tell you issue is a Windows 11 bug that MS will have to fix.  Windows 10 shows the icons in both scenarios.

Unless you've bound D to another function in Preferences, you should still be able to hit D to hide/show MultiDock on either screen.

Edited by sjoens