In the Room with John Petrucci, Tosin Abasi, and Devin Townsend

Old Joad

The interview was nice until it started to be all these questions which resulted in essentially unnecessary drivel about how real guitar amps cannot be completely emulated digitally, which has been BS for a couple of years now. But what else would I expect coming from a guy that has so many amps he has to set them as a backdrop?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The interview was nice until it started to be all these questions which resulted in essentially unnecessary drivel about how real guitar amps cannot be completely emulated digitally, which has been BS for a couple of years now. But what else would I expect coming from a guy that has so many amps he has to set them as a backdrop?

I thought Devin/John answered that question well(and I am paraphrasing): in the box makes more sense recording because of the flexibility to fit it in the frequency window with multiple instruments, but an amp is really nice in front of you to inspire. 

I can relate to the logic, though I don't agree.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

I thought Devin/John answered that question well(and I am paraphrasing): in the box makes more sense recording because of the flexibility to fit it in the frequency window with multiple instruments, but an amp is really nice in front of you to inspire.

What annoyed me was how Rick essentially kept bringing that subject again and again as if what he got back the first time was not the answer he wanted to hear. That got old fast.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 1