Can't open BandLab because Tungsten theme needs updating

Bob Grieco

Dear Sirs

I am experiencing problems opening and closing BAndlab -  I have to use my taskmanager to close 2 instances of it - ever since I clicked on Mercury or Tungsten Themes in my preferences and I’m receiving message to update TungstenTheme.fth with the Theme Editor of which I have installed but I do not know how to figure out how to use.

There’s a highlighted default link in the message that I click that takes me to recent theme changes which I cant figure out how to work as well –

Only when I answer NO does Bandlab allow me to open itself.

Please help and give me detailed instructions as of what to do

Bob Grieco

56 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Mercury and Tungsten are CbB default themes. Why in the world would they ever need updated.

Mercury is a theme in name only. This "theme" is comprised of the resource files used by the DAW. 

Theme files store differences from these resource files.

Tungsten is one of these theme files with a special extension and location. Other than these 2 things it is the same as user created themes.

Both Mercury and Tungsten may be updated with the DAW.

When the DAW starts up, it attempts to validate the theme. If this fails for factory supplied themes, I have doubts about the installation. A simple CbB uninstall/reinstall would be on my short list of remedies.

• Thanks 1

Yes now I remember the reasons I had to use the custom theme was Tungsten had a black PVR I hated and Mercury was just plain terrible. 
When I tried to use the original Tungsten with the white PVR icons were wrong size.

I wonder what we’ll be dealing with with Next?