[SOLVED] How to center MULTI-DOCK

sadicus

What's the trick to get the MULTI-DOCK Console view to center between left / right dock windows?
If I open an older project it's already centered, new projects the console goes all the way under the right docking window(browser / Synthrack.
Even moving the console extreme left, the Multidock highlights to the right.

cbb_MultidockConsole.jpg

cbb_MultidockConsole1.jpg

Edited by sadicus

I just tried several of my custom workspaces as well as None, and a few of the factory workspaces.  In almost all of them the D toggles the Multi-Dock and it is centered (just like the Track View).

When I found one that didn't line up on the right, I clicked the downward arrow (v) on the top of the right-hand panel and  reselected "Dock at Right" even though it was already checked.  That seemed to lock the right-hand panel for the full height.  After doing that D toggled the Multi-Dock to be centered between the full-height left and right panels.

Maybe that will work for you?

PS: I tried it again (several times) and it worked again. I used the Advanced Factory Workspace because that defaults to segmented right-side modules that seem to have their own width.  Each time I was able to get the Multi-Dock's width to be centered between the left-side and right-side columns.

If you are using a custom Workspace or if you use a Factory Workspace that doesn't have the Multi-Dock centered and this method works for you, you might want to set it up the way you want and resave the Workspace with a new name.  

Edited by User 905133
to add a PS; fixed typos
  • Great Idea 1

If you undock the multi dock and drag it to the bottom the blue highlight bar will first go between the Inspector to the browser but if you drag it further down it covers the whole screen. Once you have it the way you like it save this as a workspace and it will become the default. 

• Like 2