Looking for advice on pulling rehearsal multi-track into Cakewalk template

We record 20 tracks of rehearsal into an SSD connected to our Soundcraft Ui24R digital mixer. It creates a wav for each track. 

We created one nice mix that works for each recording (EQ, levels, pan). I've been deleting the existing tracks and then pulling in the latest ones and then saving as with filename (date-song_title) for example "2023-06-19 - Done Somebody Wrong".

This causes the tracks to be copied into the same Audio folder which is isn't optimal. 

How can I set preferences so when I "Save As" it creates a separate folder for the cwp file and the Audio?

A second broader question is: 

I haven't investigated CWT files yet. Should I be doing the above (pulling replacement tracks into an EQ'd, leveled and panned project) another way?

Thanks,

Q1 "Save As" to a new folder with "Copy all audio with project" enabled will copy a project and audio to the new folder.  For me it is, open the Save As dialog then

• Click the up-folder icon 
  • Give the project a name and
  • Click Save.

Q2 see mix recall.

• Like 2

Depending on how many times you need to do this it may be faster to

• setup the "master project" with all the basic FXs and buses then
  • make as many copies of the "master project" folder as desired 
  • go into the new project folders and rename the cwp files as desired
  • work the new projects

• Like 1

I used to have a video on this topic. But the the magic trick was get the first song sounding the way you want it. then- SAVE A MIX RECALL. 

Make sure each song was a  SAVE AS like scook recommended above to it's own project folder. 

Now open the second song and drag and drop the mix recall saved from project 1 to project 2 right into the track pane.  Boom, all the mix settings and EQ  and effects are added.   There will be a mix recall folder in project 1. Open that in the browser. 

Mix recall can be shared by projects that are exactly the the same layout. So perfect for live recordings. 

Edited by JohnnyV
  • Like 1

Personally, I'd set up a project template that matches the track setup you have - so basically, 20 tracks named and ordered in the same way you've got it set up on your Ui24R.

When it comes time to import, just create a new project based on that template and drag the tracks into it.

• Like 1