IK Mixbox no-brainer sale! Only $29.99 - 90% off for 1 week only. Includes over 70 Mix FX.

cclarry

I think $29.99 is a great price for what it is, but there are a lot of things they need to do to make it a better product.

First, if I buy the Sunset reverb for T-Racks, I shouldn't need to buy it again for MixBox.

Second, they aren't including support at all for any of the later T-Racks plugins.  The goal is to make this a one stop shopping environment, and it sort of defeats the purpose if you can't integrate all of their products.

Finally, they should take a lesson from Guitar Rig and include some envelope generators, LFOs, and step sequencers. 

9 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Yeah. VMR is that magic product where the free version costs money, because it can only be activated using a physical iLok dongle.

Slate just wants to force everyone to subscription and they got on that train early.. they only make the physical dongle mandatory for perpetual licences. There's no valid reason for it apart from trying to discourage people buying instead of subscribing.

I had wondered if that stupid mentality would die now that Steven is no longer running things. Was glad to see him go!

Even with UAD ditching the hardware requirement, even if Slate was to ditch the physical iLok dongle they've lost so many potential sales now.

• Like 1