Dark Mode function on forum.

Hillmy

There's a couple of ways to do this currently, but neither are great.

One is to use a Chrome or Firefox extension that makes a custom CSS sheet that it uses instead of the default forum CSS. It works but some elements don't look great.

The other way is to invert your screen colours. Press WIN and + to open Magnifier, then do CTRL+ALT+I to toggle the screen invert. This will invert graphics and pictures too, of course.

The best way would be, of course, to have a dark mode theme. If we look at the bottom of the forum you can see a Theme dropdown box where we can select the current one or the old CbB one. It'd be great to have a dark mode theme in there too for sure.

1 hour ago, Lord Tim said:

There's a couple of ways to do this currently, but neither are great.

One is to use a Chrome or Firefox extension that makes a custom CSS sheet that it uses instead of the default forum CSS. It works but some elements don't look great.

The other way is to invert your screen colours. Press WIN and + to open Magnifier, then do CTRL+ALT+I to toggle the screen invert. This will invert graphics and pictures too, of course.

The best way would be, of course, to have a dark mode theme. If we look at the bottom of the forum you can see a Theme dropdown box where we can select the current one or the old CbB one. It'd be great to have a dark mode theme in there too for sure.

yeah, I'd prefer the forum to have one than to use an external method. Maybe they could add a theme called Dark Mode or something to the list. That would be great. Even gray would be better. 

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 1

As far as I'm led to believe, it's going to be more or less the same as what we have now but just scalable to fit different resolutions. At the very least there'd most certainly be a dark and light mode, so having the forum match would be awesome!

I think @Jesse Jost is looking after a lot of this kind of web stuff, am I right Jesse? Any chance of us getting a Tungsten theme? :) 

• Like 2