Mastering the Mix Sale

cclarry

I am still waiting for any of their plugins to drop below $20, then I'll stag them.

I'll most likely just stag reference 2 and expose as I believe you can never have enough tools for referencing.

I would have gotten levels, but I ended up getting Waves WLM Plus at the time because Waves Audio plugins are so affordable. Then after getting Sonible Smart Limiter on a great sale, did I stop using Waves WLM Plus.  Then I got Ozone Standard from a Komplete 14 Update, and I stopped using Sonible Smart Limiter.  😅

Even though Ozone Standard is a huge CPU hog, I end up having to render all my tracks to remove all the FX plugins before using Ozone, but after using Ozone on one song did I see such of benefit of their plugin.  It appears to have "glued" everything together in such a way that I don't understand how it did it.  I was amazed at the sound I heard.  Not sure if Ozone was this one time effect or not, I'll have to try it again on another song soon.  I'm going to guess that Ozone is better at EQing than I am is the reason it sounds better?

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I would have gotten levels, but I ended up getting Waves WLM Plus at the time because Waves Audio plugins are so affordable. Then after getting Sonible Smart Limiter on a great sale, did I stop using Waves WLM Plus.  Then I got Ozone Standard from a Komplete 14 Update, and I stopped using Sonible Smart Limiter.  😅

I regularly use both Smart Limiter and Levels, there is some overlap on the loudness and dynamic range measurements but there is plenty of non-overlap (e.g., Smart limit doesn't measure stereo field, loudness range or true peak, and Levels of course doesn't do limiting)

There is a lot more overlap between Expose and Levels. Choosing one over the other probably depends on workflow and how you want to use it rather than on what they measure. The main difference is that Expose is standalone and Levels is a plugin. If you want to use the referencing you'll need Expose but if you want quick feedback while you are tweaking your plugin chain you probably want Levels (so that you don't need to keep bouncing to disk and reading the updated file every time you make a change)

• Like 1