Looks like Asus is getting worse.

kitekrazy

On 6/7/2023 at 2:50 AM, msmcleod said:

Ironically, my (now pretty old) ASUS motherboard was having intermittent crashes until I slightly increased the CPU voltage.  Now it's rock solid.

What is pretty old?

It seems hardware companies go through stages of crap products.  Gigabyte, Seagate , went through this.

I guess if I make another system I'll use AsRock boards.

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

What is pretty old?

It seems hardware companies go through stages of crap products.  Gigabyte, Seagate , went through this.

I guess if I make another system I'll use AsRock boards.

It's a P8B75-V, so around 2013.

I actually had no issues with it for years with an i5-3570.  When I upgraded to the i7-3770 (not the "K" variant), the occasional crashing started - normally with large file transfers.

To be fair, the i7-3770 is literally the fastest processor that motherboard supports (well apart from an over-clocked i7-3770K) and I doubt many were using it when it was released.

9 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

It's a P8B75-V, so around 2013.

I actually had no issues with it for years with an i5-3570.  When I upgraded to the i7-3770 (not the "K" variant), the occasional crashing started - normally with large file transfers.

To be fair, the i7-3770 is literally the fastest processor that motherboard supports (well apart from an over-clocked i7-3770K) and I doubt many were using it when it was released.

Still using my l7 4790 with an AsRock board.  I regret not buying the K version.  It has PCI slots and my old AP2496 is running in that.