Moving an arranger section doesn't move envelopes

David Pollock

Question

4 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

To copy/paste all tracks in the section with underlying events check this <Select All + Events>

Screenshot_20230529-173709_Adobe Acrobat.png

Thanks. Strange process. When I do that, it selects the entire project. I have to click the arranger label a second time to select just the section. I also don't understand why selecting everything isn't the default. From my POV, that is what I would usually want to do. 

I've found that the click on the section header CAN be finicky sometimes too. I just pay attention to what I'm doing. Ripple Edit has interesting effects on the process as well.

I usually don't have envelopes created until I have the whole arrangement settled, maybe that's why it doesn't bother me much.

12 hours ago, David Pollock said:

Thanks. Strange process. When I do that, it selects the entire project. I have to click the arranger label a second time to select just the section. I also don't understand why selecting everything isn't the default. From my POV, that is what I would usually want to do. 

By default, clicking a section toggles the event selection on/off.

If you just want to move sections around without the events, you can switch event selection off by unchecking "Select Events with Sections" here:

image.png.1b5284da720e32e3b04ee0efd21c468e.png

... or within the select module:

image.png.a6fc637bd9b61888a3126dc6fdf8b5ca.png

When this is active however, the toggle behaviour returns.

You can however, exclude tracks from the arranger here, so they won't be included in arranger operations:

image.png.9cebe49c16f694fa9a904261beb0bf2f.png