Need to know what instrument they're using.

Cued up to 2:37.  Looks like something in the guitar family.  Maybe with the video set to play from that point some guitarists can take a quick look and help you out.

UPDATE: I Googled the Band and found this list of members:

Band members are: Orly Lari (vocals, piano), Raz Klinghoffer (guitars), Dima Grossman (bass), Itamar Goldwesserl (drums), and Adam Tal (guitar).

If you want more specific info about the guitar used, maybe you could contact the band and ask. (I couldn't read the logo on it.)

UPDATE 2: Not sure if this is the guitarist in that section, but he should know what guitar was used.

Edited by User 905133
(2) added link to Raz Klinghoffer's website; (1) to add info about the band

Google "10-string Ukulele," that seems to be what it is, but no idea of the brand (I do not recognize that logo in the video). Strings on that are an odd duck, double/triple/triple/double for the "4 standard strings." Never seen one IRL.

i9wywpyho1iaylfhujbu.jpg

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 2

I suspect that is the same instrument from listening to it. One can achieve massive variations to sound from FX alone, and that section is well within the range of the Cuatro as well.

I didn't realize there were so many variations of small guitars. This site has a nice description of many, and seems the scale range is very similar between most of them.

Edited by mettelus

• 1 month later...

There are certainly a lot of diverse instruments and variations out there. Every so often it is fun to play around with world instrument libraries (especially the ones which are locked to the actual scales). It is much easier to understand the music when you get a feel for the instrument. It gives insight at least, but the talent required to actually play some of those instruments IRL is impressive. VSTis in that regard are sorta cheesy, since they are all converted to "piano."