Selecting an arrangement section doesn't select all tracks

Christophe Perus

Question

When I click on a section of an arrangement, the usual behavior of Cakewalk is to select all tracks, which is handy because I can export that section quickly if I need to. I have one project where I have this ordinary track, created by my usual template, that won't get selected. If I duplicate that track, the same issue happens with the copied track.

I can't find which property of the track responsible for this odd situation (the Arranger Exclude checkbox is unticked).

Any idea ?

Edited by Christophe Perus

7 answers to this question

Are you using the Export arrangement  feature. You still need to make sure the correct boxes are either unchecked or checked in the export dialogue. I always leave them unchecked which was like in the old days of using "Select None" for export. 

Edit- As a matter of fact it is best practices to check all the dialogue boxes, looking at my screen shot I see the format is in Mono. 

1665825987_Screenshot(529).thumb.png.1438466dd5fa012aef8ddb8ec5cd29a5.png

Edited by John Vere

To sum up my post, here's a screenshot of my actions : I click on "Section 2" and I expect all tracks to be selected, but as you can see, track 2 doesn't get selected.

image.png.cc8531dfb1857d3fbf3f663c43dcbbdc.png

And, as mentioned in my original post, the checkbox "Arranger Exclude" is unticked.

image.png.8cee34bcabc75159b736ceeac549a10b.png

I use the arranger track to select all my tracks and the section I want to export before hitting the export button. If one track is missing in this first step, it won't get exported and I won't be able to add the missing track in the export window (the corresponding checkbox is grayed out) :

image.png.3cc292865dbed2de24ee1cc7df9c6764.png

1 hour ago, Toni Hughes said:

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the EXACT same problem. Very frustrating.

Selected the track that won’t select. Open that track’s properties with the inspector.  Deselect “Arranger Exclude“, in the inspected track properties.

See:

http://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Inspectors.6.html

On 10/29/2023 at 6:39 AM, Promidi said:

Selected the track that won’t select. Open that track’s properties with the inspector.  Deselect “Arranger Exclude“, in the inspected track properties.

See:

http://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Inspectors.6.html

That sounded like the solution I was looking for, tried it, didn't work. Tried each track that won't select, but nothing ticked/checked in “Arranger Exclude“ to begin with. Tried enabling, and then re-disabling, still nothing.

EDIT:
Ok, just found the solution. Any track that had Melodyne as a region effect would refuse to select. Bounced track to clip, and it will now select. Strange. Also inconvenient as now lose the ability to turn off RFX on clip.

Edited by Toni Hughes

21 minutes ago, Toni Hughes said:

That sounded like the solution I was looking for, tried it, didn't work. Tried each track that won't select, but nothing ticked/checked in “Arranger Exclude“ to begin with. Tried enabling, and then re-disabling, still nothing.

EDIT:
Ok, just found the solution. Any track that had Melodyne as a region effect would refuse to select. Bounced track to clip, and it will now select. Strange. Also inconvenient as now lose the ability to turn off RFX on clip.

Glad you found the solution. 

I am wondering if it's actually recommended practice that once you have completed working with Melodyne as a region effect, that one does indeed apply the changes.

Personally, when I have completed fixing up a track with Melodyne, I would usually do the bounce to apply the changes.  Looking at my CPU (in my sig), you'll probably work out why.