Zoom, Help, and 3rd Party Editor Related

Ricky Wayne Hunt

Question

I have a couple of questions about the Zoom feature and using an external audio editor and making the Help box open in the Browser..

Zoom - In the old Sonar programs there was a feature where no matter where the the "time bar" is located as soon as you press Ctrl-Arrow it automatically centers where the time bar is.  Is there any way to change this?

In Sonar you used to could set up an external audio editor and click a track/waveform and send it to the editor (Audacity, etc.) and bring it back in automatically when done. You had to add this manually to the Utilities menu if I remember correctly.  Is there still a way to do this?

Help Menu - I'm trying to bring up the Help module with the tool tips inside the program but when I hit F1 it takes me to a webpage.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Ricky Wayne Hunt said:

Help Menu - I'm trying to bring up the Help module with the tool tips inside the program but when I hit F1 it takes me to a webpage.

I have the default keybindings, so Y works for me to open up the Help module.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 2

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013099/Adding-third-party-audio-editing-software-to-SONARs-Utilities-menu

But @scook  ,  @msmcleod   know of a app you can use. I tried to find it ( again) but it's a hard to fish out. The above link is all I found. 

All the keyboard shortcuts are found in the help menu. As well as when you open Views the keyboard shortcuts are listed beside all the views. 

I don't think much has changed since X1 regarding the way Cakewalk is navigated and zoomed etc. I have a tutorial on the topic if you'd like a refresher. I think its about 4th on the playlist. https://studio.youtube.com/channel/UCIImmMf5qdvYsgRLQvlZlFA/content/playlists