Midi loop packs... Is it possible to batch convert them to Bar #1

Misha

Hi Folks.

I have a tech issue I can't solve.  Midi loop packs.... unfortunately many (if not most) "packs" sold have MIDI loops scattered on timeline. Meaning, they don't start on bar #1. That means software like EZkeys will not recognize them properly.  I searched for a tool to batch convert midi files to start at Bar #1, but found nothing.  So I went with my neanderthal way, batch opened multiple Midi files in Cakewalk (on separate tracks), moved individual files to start at bar #1 (in two packs I dealt with they were scattered on timeline)  and exported  files one by one as SMF....  It's ok if there are 20-40 files. But larger packs would take me hours...

Can somebody recommend a tool (if one exist), or a more intelligent way to do it in bulk in Cakewalk? Thank you!

"I have never heard of that." really? Several random packs had exactly that for me. To me more specific 4 out of 5. 

Yes, many  MIDI phrase/loop packs have time offset. The clips would be in some random place on the timeline.  Some  software titles are cool with that and will play from the start of the loop (not where from it was saved),  but for EZkeys, a clip has to start from bar #1  to be interpreted properly.  Yes, I can re-save a dozen or two clips.        What do you do if you have 500+ files that are all over the place  and you want them to be re-saved individually starting at bar#1? (hopefully retaining original names)

Any vendor of midi clips that added blank measures to the start of a clip is garbage and don’t waist your time with them. It’s basically unheard of so not sure where you got those but move on. There better way to spend your time. 

Could you tell us which MIDI loops you're using and how you're putting them in the track? I did everything I could to get the loops to not place where I want them and I couldn't. They always ended up right where I wanted them.
If all your MIDI loops start at measure 1, that will be one mess of a song. Or do you mean beat 1?
Can you post a picture of the MIDI clips you're using in a track? Or a video?
I see that some clips have space at the beginning that would prevent the notes from playing on the first beat; just drag (slip edit) the clip to the right to eliminate that space... but that was probably intended by the writer.

clipoffbeat.jpg

cliponbeat.jpg

Edited by 57Gregy
speelink.

John, 

I disagree with you on the "garbage" part. I have some amazing melodic phrases of Piano/EP (played) from Mango Loops and a few others like   Studio Keys: Jazz (Fakulty Studio) that have this "not on the 1st bar" thing 

Obviously, there is no issues of auditioning these individually. The problems starts when you try to use them in EZ keys and similar software.  

When I manually move them, and re-export to start at bar#1/ beat1, they work as they should (in EZ keys) . There are just too many of these to do it manually.

So.. I was wondering if there some kind of automation in Cakewalk that can set all clips, from all tracks to bar1 and re-save them as individual files in bulk ... 

Ohh yes, here is the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntYhwLj9sbw

------------------------------------

P.S. something that I probably should of mentioned, if you are familiar with EZkeys.  I am not talking about dropping a MIDI clip directly to timeline of EZkeys, but using an onboard EZkeys  file browser.  

Edited by Misha