Sonar Projects Plugins

Johnbee58

The other day I tried opening some of my recent projects made in CbB into my old Sonar X3 Studio.  They opened OK but on one I used the Ozone Imager.  It was in brackets and upon clicking on it produced an error.  I went into plugin menu and just opened a new Ozone which worked fine but I wanted to copy the settings from the project using the Save/Load feature.  I went back into CbB to export the settings and when I went back into Sonar to load the VST file it wasn't there. Sonar didn't recognize the format. 

What's going on there?

Thanks

😀John B

2 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Sonar didn't recognize the format. 

Is this what the error message said? Unrecognized format?

Were you using the standalone imager, or a full instance of Ozone? 

If you've updated Ozone since X3 days, you might just need to rescan plugins in X3. I don't remember if old Sonar had the Reset option for the scanner, but if it does I'd start with that.

9 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Is this what the error message said? Unrecognized format?

Were you using the standalone imager, or a full instance of Ozone? 

If you've updated Ozone since X3 days, you might just need to rescan plugins in X3. I don't remember if old Sonar had the Reset option for the scanner, but if it does I'd start with that.

The error message says that it is improperly installed.

😀

I think I might've figured it out.  When I looked in Sonar's VST plugin folder there were only three locations scanned, so it might be what Bitflipper said about rescanning the folders because CbB had many more folders in the scanned menu.  I'll have to try to locate every folder in there and make sure they're scanned by Sonar.

I'll get back to you.  Thanks!

🙂John B

@bitflipper @DeeringAmps I looked in Program Files/Common Files/VST3 and found several VST Files outside of folders but Ozone Imager wasn't among them.  But there is a folder called Izotope which has a file called iZOzoneSBimager.dll which is listed as an Application Extension.  I tried copy/pasting it into the main folder amongst the other VST Files but no joy. 😔

Any other suggestions?

😀John B

I'm still on version 7, so mine is named "iZotope Ozone 7 Imager.dll". Starting with version 8, they stopped putting the version number in the file names, so I'd guess you're looking for the same name but without the "7". The vst3 version will be in \program files\common files\iZotope. The vst2 versions can be anywhere. Mine are under program files\cakewalk\vstplugins.

Note that there are two similarly-named files for each effect in Ozone Advanced. Curiously, it's the larger of the two that is used by the main Ozone container, with much smaller files for the standalone plugins (my Imager dlls are 25MB and 3MB, respectively). The larger file (iZOzone7Imager.dll on my system) is not a VST. It gets scanned by the scanner and is included in the inventory in the register, but does not show up in the Apply Audio FX context menu because the scanner recognizes that it's not a VST.

Anyway, that's about all I know concerning Ozone file names and locations. Maybe it will help turn on the proverbial light bulb.

John, I loaded X3 Producer (boy its been awhile since I ran that) and had to scan with Plugin Manager to get all the Ozone plugs to come up.
I have Ozone 7 - 10 installed and the Imager came up in all of them.
Loaded fine.

10 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

found several VST Files outside of folders

If Program Files/Common Files/VST3 in the "scan path" sub-folders don't matter, Sonar/CbB will pick them up.
(on my system all VST3's are "lumped" in the VST3 folder. I have sorted everything into sub-folders manually)

HTH,

t

btw, If CbB is "seeing" the plugin you shouldn't have to copy/paste anything.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

John, I loaded X3 Producer (boy its been awhile since I ran that) and had to scan with Plugin Manager to get all the Ozone plugs to come up.
I have Ozone 7 - 10 installed and the Imager came up in all of them.
Loaded fine.

If Program Files/Common Files/VST3 in the "scan path" sub-folders don't matter, Sonar/CbB will pick them up.
(on my system all VST3's are "lumped" in the VST3 folder. I have sorted everything into sub-folders manually)

HTH,

t

btw, If CbB is "seeing" the plugin you shouldn't have to copy/paste anything.

The funny thing is, Tom,  Ozone Imager is in the menu and can be used if I open a new instance of it.  Now, one would think that would work, but the problem is that I had an instance of OI already on a  track that I put there when I created the project.  That's the one that doesn't open up.  It shows up in brackets and when I click on it it says something about it not being installed properly.  The reason why I want to to use that particular instance (without opening a new one) is that the settings I used on that instance of OI can't be copied so I have to set it up all again, which isn't hard to do, really, but it a mystery as to why the current OI saved in the project can't be used and also, why I can't export/import the original settings of the one that's already there.  I know it's a mouthful but there it is.

Thanks for your suggestions, just the same.

😀John B