June 21

treesha

There's a lot of great work here - the drums hold it together well.

If stressful and intense was the mood you were going for - I think you nailed it (with just a hint of added chaos for good measure). 🙂

Andy

• Thanks 1

Cool. I didn't hear any vocals so I'm wondering what you used the Melodyne for? The relatively small space you created with your reverb is well done.  Not too echoic, which small spaces tend to sound like to me. This has a sort of sci-fi  quality to it, but not necessarily. Yes. I hear the tension created between the various element used, but it all follows a underlying pattern that glues it all together and gives it a backbone. Interesting composition. Well done!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Yes, but you brought it home!

well done!

👍’s 👏

t

Hi t,

Thanks for listening and your 👍👏. Today I learned where those are ha. Maybe I will start using them now... heres one for you  🍓. Thanks again

18 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

There's a lot of great work here - the drums hold it together well.

If stressful and intense was the mood you were going for - I think you nailed it (with just a hint of added chaos for good measure). 🙂

Andy

Hi Andy

Thank you for checking out my song and for the positive feedback, I appreciate both ! Yes I wanted this song to express stress and intensity and there is definitely chaos involved. I agree the drums hold it together as it is pretty piecemeal. Thanks again

12 hours ago, FreeEarCandy said:

Cool. I didn't hear any vocals so I'm wondering what you used the Melodyne for? The relatively small space you created with your reverb is well done.  Not too echoic, which small spaces tend to sound like to me. This has a sort of sci-fi  quality to it, but not necessarily. Yes. I hear the tension created between the various element used, but it all follows a underlying pattern that glues it all together and gives it a backbone. Interesting composition. Well done!

Hi FreeEarCandy

Thanks for listening and for your positive feedback and question. I often struggle with reverb so I'm glad to know you think I got it right here. I think I love reverb so much I would overdo it, so then I underdo it so I dont overdo it. As for Melodyne, I really use it on anything and everything both creatively and correctively. In this song I know I used it to change some bass and guitar notes to other notes, to make some counter melodies/harmonies to the original ones, to stretch out some of the weird effect noises/tones and ending bass note because I wanted them stretched out longer, it always surprises me when I use a vst synth and then look at the audio track in Melodyne that the notes are not 100% in tune which is fine sometimes but I think I did put the synth notes in tune, to clean up any weird noises like here the generation guitar has some squeaky noises that I think are supposed to be fret noises, I tried to take them out but it was not good, so I used melodyne to turn them down and fade them a bit. I definitely use it on lead and backing vocals in other songs, but do use it extensively on just about everything I might want to play around with, its really fun. Thanks again

• Like 1

8 hours ago, treesha said:

🍓

Hey, I might resemble that remark. My mother used to say she always wanted a little red-headed boy with freckles.
I got me some freckles. Fortunately the head was blonde, no red til the beard came in...

🙃

• Haha 1

Hi Old Joad,

Thanks for listening and your comment, glad to know the song is loved ha. I will have to check out Laurie Anderson ! I always appreciate following up on comments about music I'm not familiar with. Thanks again !

• Like 1